Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Display Settings in FS2K2 (56K warning)

I'll just save on bandwidth and highlight the differences:First Screen:My Texture Quality, Mesh, and Scenery Complexity are all maxed. (Note that your texture quality setting will not allow you to see textures as sharp as they can be)...Max Vis is maxed, water effects are off, and cloud density is maxed.Second screen:A/C reflections are off, unless I'm taking screenshotsThird Screen:800x600x32 (I notice little difference between this and higher res. when AA and anisotropy are both enabled)T&L is offLights is set at 1 (Having them higher can hit fps sometimes, especially in virtual cockpits at night)One screen you don't include, the AI screen, is a big killer of fps at the busier airports. I leave it off, unless I plan on flying the pattern all day.... I prefer bush flying, where the only potential air traffic is a sudden hailstorm on a balmy day.I max my fps at 25, which I achieve almost everywhere, except places like LAX. If I leave it off, I regularly hit 50-60 fps over open country, away from the major cities. And on a P3/800--it can be done!

Guest gasebah

My setting is simple, no pics needed. I tick every available box, max all sliders out except mesh (87%) and set my res to 1600x1200x32.Alex

There are clearly some differences in system specs involved in the settings you all mention here..... I cannot run ALL maxed out on my 1.2 Ghz, 384 mb system ;-)I certainly agree on the AI warning and I have my fps slider on 25, NOT on unlimited ! There have been many discussions on this issue when FS2002 appeared last year. Move it to 10, restart FS2002, move it to whatever you like and restart FS2002 again. :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Joshieca

>Third Screen: >>800x600x32 (I notice little difference between this and >higher res. when AA and anisotropy are both enabled) >T&L is off >Lights is set at 1 (Having them higher can hit fps >sometimes, especially in virtual cockpits at night) >>One screen you don't include, the AI screen, is a big killer >of fps at the busier airports. I leave it off, unless I >plan on flying the pattern all day.... I prefer bush >flying, where the only potential air traffic is a sudden >hailstorm on a balmy day. Thanks for the info...For me, 800X600 is out of the question. I use a 19" screen and at the resolution its like looking at the sim via a magnifying glass.My AI is set to 90%. I use AI traffic all the time. I try only use low frame rate AI. But I don't do much VFR flying so I like to have as much traffic around me as possible.BY THE WAY..what are lights? What does this do or doesn't do to the sim??

I have set everything to max. I have enabled 2x FSAA and Level4 Anisotropic filtering+Bilinear and the resolution is set to 1024x768x32. I get 20 FPS (FPS limited to 20) in most areas except at detailed airports where it's around 13.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Don't want to be a wet noodle, but relating display settings and giving your average framerate is not quite helpful unless you ALSO specify your machine (processor, memory, and video card). Otherwise, nobody has anything to compare with, which (I assume) is one reason for the thread in the first place.--Tony

Guest Joshieca

I have to agree with Tony...Bench marking with FS2K2 is impossible. There are just too many addons and variables out there.My reason for this posting was not meant to be a "bragging" post. I just wanted to see what other people have their settings set to so that I might get some ideas on where i might improve my simming.Posting that you are running 100fps at 1600X1600 with all sliders set to max does me and anyone else no good.I am insterested in things like your cloud level, your textures level, your visible distance levels, etc.

I run a V5 with 1.4ghz athlon, 512mb ddr, and a decent mobo.I set clouds to around 55-60%, mesh is at 75%, vis is set to 20, I usually have dense for scenery and autogen, all textures max, but i back off on max vis at 70 and dont turn on terrain detail textures and I dont use reflections. I get around 25 fps and it will drop to around 12-13 in heavy scenery areas like Simflyers Atlanta or a busy add-on airport. Otherwise its pretty playable in the 20's, even with things like the Cheyenne 400 add on, Cessna 421, or the Falcon 50.Hornit