Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Congratulations to the citizens of Greece

I am pretty sure that we have at least one Greek simmer who contributes to this forum. I have just finished watching the opening ceremonies of the Athens Olympic Games and would like to thank the citizens of Greece for a job well done. It was a wonderful display of Greek history, pride and talent.John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I think that was easily the best opening ceremony I've seen for the Olympics. I'm 37, so I've seen a bunch ;)Put it this way: Our 2-year old son and 4-year old daughter were captivated. That ain't easy.Absolutely fantastic. I hope it comes out on widescreen DVD. It's like Cirque du Soleil!Andrew

A big THANK YOU from the sunny Athens!I had the chance to be inside at the test event a week ago, and yesterday I watched it on TV. In the stadium the sound, the visual and the beat was awesome. On TV you can see more details. I'm waiting for the DVD Version also...Stay tuned for more surprises on Athens 2004 Olympics.Themis KatakalosAthens - Greece

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

We are at least four (4) in here... :-) Quite a power huh?! :LOLThey did a fantastic job indeed.Simple yet fascinating.Good luck to all the athletes of the world. World records already started to be broken. There going to be exciting moments.Live long and prosper!George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest mikekruger

I missed the ceremonies-no cable :(Edit for offensive language

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi,Where are you from?I take it you've been in Greece for vacation some time ago.I see that some nice people already teached you a bit of Greek.But let me correct you a bit.First of all it's 'Gia sas' in plural and not 'Gia sou', since 'malakes' is in plural.But do you really know the meaning of the word 'malakas/malakes' ???I'm not sure you would use it if you knew the meaning.If you do know the meaning, then I feel sorry for you.Regards,George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

George,My wife and I have been watching it every night. I love the little specials that show the country and its history. The pictures of the cliffs and the sea are beautiful. When I was flying the F-4 we were supposed to go on a TDY exercise in Greece. I was looking forward to it, last moment we got sent to Iceland. Bummer! Not that Iceland wasn

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest mikekruger

heyI'm from Florida. My best friends in college were greeks so in four years I picked up some greek language from them. Especially the bad words. Of course, my grammar isn't very good, as you've noticed :)but I can get by lolEdit for offensive language

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Yes, I can tell.I wonder how would you feel if someone came into the forum and called you all 'a...holes'. How would like that?It may be used a lot among friends here, but if you say that to someone you don't know the best reaction you'll get will be a punch in the face.So be warned, and be carefull to what you write and say if you don't know the exact meaning.George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest mikekruger

bleah I know exactly what malaka means, and it was a common apelative between my friends.It's possible that old people might find it offensive.

OK Mr Mikekruger and your friends, I think this is enough with this word. The topic has started with some congratulations for the Ceremony of Athens Olympics 2004, and your answer to that was " I missed the ceremonies-no cable , Hello a...les"with the full knowledge of the word.An answer without a bit of respect to the citizens of Greece where the Olympics started, 100+ years ago, and they are taking place this month. I think the formum admin must take care of this situation. Shame to u Mr. Mikekruger and please don't answer to topics when you have nothing new to say.Themis KatakalosAthens, Greece

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I'm sorry 'sir'... But I cannot tolerate this any longer.I thought that you did not deliberately wanted to offend us, but apparently you do.I you think that you can come to a forum that is read by hundreds of people and start offend people around, this is not the place for you.I tried twice, nicely, to make you understand that you offend us.I will be forwarding this to a forum moderator to delete the thread.I apologize to the original author as this got totally out of hand.Shame !George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

I have edited out the offensive language and gentleman offensive words in any language will get you banned here if you do it againRobert KirklandASSOCIATE PUBLISHERAVSIM