Sign in to follow this  
Guest LordsSoldier

I think this is not appropriate. Religion and politics don't belong on a public flight sim forum like this. Of course you can and should create a religous based VA if that's what you want to do, but it doesn't belong here.Just my $0.02 worth.

Guest LordsSoldier

>I think this is not appropriate. Religion and politics don't>belong on a public flight sim forum like this. Of course you>can and should create a religous based VA if that's what you>want to do, but it doesn't belong here.>>Just my $0.02 worth.I totally agree with you Sir. We also dont believe in religion, and we are not trying to convert you either. For us its our way of life and thats the way we choose to live our lives. We are looking for like minded persons thats all. We also not looking to preach here for we respect your beliefs and the rules. I hope you understand. Thank you & God Bless

Guest shanwick

>I totally agree with you Sir. We also dont believe in>religion>Thank you & God Bless Well, you sure do confuse things. If you don't believe in religion then why did your first post say "Must be a believer & follower of ******* Christ, so we have common ground in the squad" and why end your next post with "God Bless".David

Guest crashaz

Well I am okay with this posting. These guys are not preaching. While I myself do not go to church every weekend, I am proud of men with the conviction to publically admit to their faith when in today's times it can be viewed as somehow wrong???Too much "PC" sometimes. Lets not make this into a political thread and let these men enjoy the hobby like we all have the freedom to do.I salute you guys. Good for you. :-wave

Guest LordsSoldier

Believing in Christ has nothing to do with religion Sir. It is the way you live your life, and believing in Him. No More No Less. Thank You

Guest shanwick

>I think this is not appropriate. Religion and politics don't>belong on a public flight sim forum like this. Of course you>can and should create a religous based VA if that's what you>want to do, but it doesn't belong here.>>Just my $0.02 worth.What's wrong with wanting to start a religious-based VA? He's not asking to start a religious debate - as he says he just wants like-minded people to join with him. In any case, there is at least one real world religious-based airline that I know of. If you saw a post here for, say, designers fluent in C++ you wouldn't object or consider that a programming debate was just about to start. You would just accept that like-minded, or like-qualified, people were needed. As I said, that's all he wants to do - and what's offensive about that?David

There's another issue here. This post is advertising a VA that discrimintes on the basis of religion: Muslims, Jews, Buddists and others are not welcome. To me that totally flies in the face of what flight simming is all about, namely that while we may be different in our culture, religion, politics and what ever else you can think of, we are all united by our love of flight simulation. That's what bothers me about this.

Guest LordsSoldier

Amen sir and thank you for your kind words. Also I would like to know more about your Navy myself. ls@menofgod.us

I guess I tend to also feel the post isn't appropriate. Being in the I.T. field, many of my peers are Hindu. Others, Muslim. A few of us are Christian, and a few others live life on their own terms. Yet one thing we all respect is we are ALL men of God. I bristle when someone comes in under the banner of "God" yet qualifies God as Christian by claiming belief in ******* as qualification for membership in the "club". That is religion despite banter to the contrary. ******* (one of the reasons I believe his words and deeds were indeed divine) welcomed everyone. Perhaps Men of God squad can consider doing the same and welcome anyone who believes life is directed by a spirit greater than ourselves...-John

Micah/Michael/Major/whatever your name is - if you guys are the "Future of On-Line Gaming" as your site proclaims, then I guess I'll be trying to remember the rules to the Gin Rummy card game in the Future. It sure was fun when I was 13, and I'm sure it could be again.---I will also point out that this is Mr. Lord's first post to Avsim, ever. Hrrrm.---But at least they're simming rather than moving door-to-door - during dinner hour no less - trying to convert my household to their cause, as some other non-simming sects are wont to do 8^) . Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

What's funny Dave is I see it as a blown chance by the thread's author... If I wanted to share my faith in the simming community, last thing I would do is close ranks and welcome only those who already believe what I do. I also wouldn't go around with the monker "LordsSoldier". We've all had enough of Jihad, Crusades, and Waco....Surprisingly, even those who go door to door have welcomed me to their houses of worship. And this forum above all, welcomes all and should preach to those who don't...

Guest jaapverduijn

I'd like to recruit members for the VACAAV ("Virtual Airline of the Church of the All-Adorable Vulva"). Only those who love the Vulva with all their heart and dedicate their lives to Its divine worship, are welcome.Jaap VulvaSoldier Verduijn.

Guest danowat

Sigh, this stuff really has no place here, if its VA related stick it in the VA forum, if it religion related please post it somewhere else.Dan.