Sign in to follow this  

A Plan

Hello All,Now, as everybody knows, there is too many virtual airlines. However there is only a few Virtual jetBlues and not many of them are good. With the way jetBlue is defensive with thier logo and name it would be hard to make a jetBlue VA. I think jB is a great airline and it would be great to have a VA for them but its not going to happen most likely.So, I was thinking this. An Economic Virtual Airline, Based at KJFK, that flys A320s. It doesn't have to have jetBlue stamped across the side of the plane. A simple VA that mimics the routes, opererations and everything else is fine. So how about a VA that mimics the way it operates like the same routes and whatnot? Wouldn't that be just as good as a virtual jB?If anybody is interested with this, please email me at a380pilot@cox.net or post here. I really want people to comment on this as well so please do. If I get enough support for this to happen I will need people to design the site and whatnot. Just so you know I am not new to VAs or things related to them. I was the founder and head administrator for the now defunct KJFK Virtual Airport. I thank you all for your time. :-)Signed,Matthew Whittaker Long Live the A320!http://www.airbus.com/img/media/multimedia...qtvr_a320_a.gif

so basically your just making a virtual airline. all VA's are based on how real airlines operate. no biggy there. having the same routes as the airline wont hurt. you would just be operating under a fake name and livery just like the rest of the VA'sGen. Ernesto AlvarezNational CommanderVirtual Civil Air Patrolhttp://ealvarez.net/vcap.jpg

Yes, but it seems most people like to have the same name as the real world airline. Im just wondering if this is necessary for some people to want to fly for it. Im figureing with the same aircraft, same routes and same operations there really wouldn't be too much difference.Signed,Matthew Whittaker Long Live the A320!http://www.airbus.com/img/media/multimedia...qtvr_a320_a.gif

Many people try to slavishly duplicate realworld airlines including their logos, livery and all.That is part of their appeal to some, but is also a problem. Not only does it often attract the negative attention from the real airline but it also puts into place restrictions on members that many don't want (like ridiculous advancement schemes, requirements to fly 3 hours a day on average (I've seen it), etc.).Company politics also develop, and as people aren't being paid to put up with all of that they quit leaving just an empty shell.Many of the long surviving sucessfull VAs on the other hand do not, and quite deliberately so.Meridian, TCA, etc. are among the longest living and largest VAs around yet are not based on realworld airlines (in fact, I doubt any airline operating in the cowboy fashion TCA does would survive for long :-rotor).

"(in fact, I doubt any airline operating in the cowboy fashion TCA does would survive for long"what do you mean by cowboy fashion?? Im just curiosciao!Brian S

Ciao!

>I doubt any airline operating in the cowboy fashion TCA does >would survive for long :-rotor). Yeehaw, pardner! :-beerchug

BobK

Let's just say we are a bit less strict in applying all the usual rules and regs about customs clearance and the like.Cargodrops mean just that, the cargo is dropped out the door (either to avoid landing fees or police attention), etc.Letting the pilot choose the aircraft for the flight instead of fixing it is another such point. As long as you bring it back in one piece, take whatever you like (keeping to the scheduled times is recommended).