Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

STROBES OFF?? during day??

no... Strobes are turned on during the day as well... its one of the checklist items before takeoff...

The only thing you are required to have on during the day is the rotating beacon. However in the real world, I turn on anything that blinks to make sure I'm as visible as possible.

>The only thing you are required to have on during the day is >the rotating beacon.Seems to be correct... I see dozens of a/c mainly approaching rather than departing EDDF, and almost all of them do only have their beacons on unless at night of course. No strobes, no nav lites.Etienne :-wave

I turn them on always! Day or night. Don't need any ducks flying into me ;-)

Guest HeavyFan

Hmm very Strange, the plane's at EDDF Don't have any Stobes or Nav Light's on??!! Remind me not to take a plane there! LOL, no one will see the plane in the air! :)

Strange, because it's procedure for airliners to switch on the strobes upon entering the runway.Unfortunately there are quite a few GA idiots out there who are proud about having strobes and they turn these on,even while taxiing around on the airport on the taxiway and apron.RegardsBernt Stolle Capt CRJ

Yeah, they leave them turned on at night while on the ramp! :-lol But seriously, I dont turn mine on during the day. My beacon is the only thing that gets turned on unless I have any doubt about visibility. I see alot of guys who do turn them on, but I personally think strobes on GA aircraft during the day is unnecessary. Craig

>Unfortunately there are quite a few GA idiots out there who >are proud about having strobes and they turn these on, >even while taxiing around on the airport on the taxiway and >apron. I have to grin............... because one day, even the "Captains" may return to their "roots" as a GA pilots. I know this, because I'm in my fifties and many of my friends and aquaintences are either still active or retired commercial pilots (737,757,767,747's as examples)who now, once again ........enjoy GA flying in their own speedy experimental classification aircraft. Van's RV's, Harmon Rocket's, Glasair's, Lancair's, etc.L.Adamson --- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)

Someday I'll be an old foggy flying a RV or Lancair. But for now, I must work my way up to ATP.--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org

>....because one day, even the "Captains" may return to their "roots" as a GA pilots.I wouldn't like my job that much if I couldn't fly Katanas or Remorquers in my spare time. I like beeing a GA pilot very much :-)I just don't like it, if GA or even airline pilots do something stupid that affects me,like blinding the A/C behind them with the strobes ;-) Bernt Stolle Capt CRJ

Strobe lights should be on to call attention of others pilots.

Guest Milio_B

While we're in the suject, are landing light turned on during landing only or also during rotation?And are they only turned on at night or also in daytime?Thanxxxx :(