Sign in to follow this  

ActiveSky 2002 update

Hi all,I guess it wasn't too hard to predict that v1.0 would have a few problems that the beta team didn't experience. Most of the issues reported so far a minor, but there is one serious problem with older .DLL and .OCX files being installed on ME systems. I have updated the installer and .dll/.ocx files to the most compatbile versions and am preparing a new build for v1.1 of ActiveSky 2002.In v1.1 there will be:- Fixed installation for better support of all operating systems- Newest .DLL and .OCX drivers for compatibility- Fixed pressure drop problem with certain METAR reports- Improved winds-aloft calculation of upper winds speedLots of other new features are being considered for the next version, 2.0. Please keep your suggestions coming! Thanks everyone!-DamianP.S. ActiveSkyv11.ZIP will be available on the members.cox.net/dzc66 site a soon as it's ready...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, as far as I'm concerned (GA, VFR/IFR, altitudes <24.000 / 1.4, 512, GF3, 98SE) it works great! Not very useful feed-back, but thanks!

Hi Damian,The program works great on my system - thanks!One problem I came across was I passed a weather station that caused ActiveSky to generate a "Parse error" (CWEL). The parse error resulted in the program clearing all my weather. It would be better if the program discarded the station.Also, I'd like to suggest that you consider making ActiveSky an FS module. That way one could access it without leaving flight simulator.Keep up the good work, this is a great add-on!

DamianThanks for your efforts which are appreciated. I too havent had any problems.I go with the last poster in the fact that it would be easier to operate from within the sim.Peter