Sign in to follow this  
lcseale53

If Anyone's Interested in Another CRJ Panel.....

Greetings,I've been playing with Chris Alevritis' FS2000 CRJ bitmap, and after extensive revisions and new additions, I think it fairly well compliments the new POSKY CRJ (and maintains compatibility with the CRJ VC). Also included are Eric Marciano and Jorge Salas' incredible radar gauge, Ike Slack's very 'slick' Honeywell repackaging of the default GPS, a few files from the good folks at FPDA, and the signs2k gauge by Christian Koegler. This panel uses primarily default gauges (I believe the standard version of 2002 includes the necessary gauges - but since I'm using the pro version, I'm not quite sure). Pete Downson's FSUIPC version 2.83 or later is also needed.I've tried to contact Chris Alevritis for permission to use portions of his bitmap, but with no success - maybe someone here knows of his whereabouts. If I cannot reach him - does anyone know the ramifications of distributing this panel without his consent (I do have all other required permissions - I fully believe)?Anyway, if there's any interest I'll try and upload this thing once its wrapped up - assuming I was even able to attach the pics.Leon Seale

Guest flightpro08

Loks great. Good work. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designerhttp://members.cox.net/santracon/images/san_logo.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Leon,I would be intersted. Nice update. Hope you are able to contact Chris for upload. Maybe Marco Spada could point you in the right direction. He has an updated version of Chris's panel bitmap on the internet as well. Good luckScott

Looks excellent since I have been w/o a panel since the last upload "Northwest Pkg" panel has a missng part of the MFD and I have written the author 2xs w/o a response on how to get this panel to work. I will look forward to have yours ASAP and I appreciate your time and the fact that you even posted it for our approval.Andy

I like that new radar gauge. I downloaded Marco Spada's remake of that panel and found the GPS was messed up. Don't know if he's fixed it or not; but I redid it with the honeywell gps. Here's the fix if you have the honeywell gps gauge installed:{Window01}Background_color=16,16,16size_mm=512window_size_ratio=1.00 position=0visible=0ident=gps_panelwindow_size= 0.180, 0.310window_pos= 0.460, 0.580gauge00=honeywellgps!gps, 0,-1,512,523

Yes, thanks, it is fixed and it displays in the same place as the radar gauge - in its entirety (isn't that a great repackaging of the gps Ike's done).Leon

I'm trying to remember where I seen that radar gauge. I don't think I have it installed. What's the name of it?? And is it downloadable as a standalone gauge?Also, that is one fantastic panel. Beautiful to look at. I found some wrap around bmps that don't quite fit; but at least they're the same colors.

Thanks,And the radar gauge is available in the file library here as rdrwdw.zip. It is a single gauge and includes some switches and icons. Its one of the best TCAS displays I've seen.Leon

Thanks Leon. I look forward to downloading yours when you get it uploaded.

Leon,Looks really good! Maybe, if you contact David Durst, you could use the autopilot panel from his CRJ panel. It looks exactly like the prototype and works just fine with the default Honeywell gauges.

Hi David,Great idea. I looked at that autopilot, and David's AP is a very nicely rendered faceplate (as part of the bitmap) with 14 or so individual gauges placed in windows and on knobs. I will look into that after I get this version out (if I ever get this thing out). Still a little concerned about not finding Chris Alevritis. I know his bitmap has been subsequently released, but this is a complete redressing and I'm not sure of the legalities. His only written comments included keeping his panel freeware, and no distribution on disk or CD without prior permission. Suggestions anyone?Thanks David,Leon

Incidentally,ThanksRyanJohnScottieAndymgdbottledand David(and anyone I missed)for your kind words and encouragement.Leon

>Still a little concerned about not finding Chris Alevritis. >I know his bitmap has been subsequently released, but this >is a complete redressing and I'm not sure of the legalities. > His only written comments included keeping his panel >freeware, and no distribution on disk or CD without prior >permission. Suggestions anyone? Sounds fairly clear cut to me -- and I say "Go for it!!" :)You have made a "documented" attempt to contact him and you are abiding by his written instructions - who else agrees?Barry