Sign in to follow this  

multiple monitors

Hi one and all..............i'm kicking around the idea of running 3 monitors with my copy of FS2002..........one for dead ahead, one for port window view, and one for starboard window view.........i know this can be done under W98 or XP........my question relates to whether the setup i'm proposing will have the horsepower to run it convincingly........the primary card will be my existing Ge Force2 AGP(32mb).......secondary cards 2 Ge Force 2 MX(32mb)PCI.........with a 1 Ghz Athlon processor and 512 mb of RAM.........appreciate any thoughts..........alan d kerr

Sorry to put you down, but if you do this you will have about 1FPS. You can have those three monitors running perfectly only if you have 3D only in one of them. I have four, with great frames. I use them to drag panels, overhead, etc... Best, Jaime

HiI tried two monitors yesterday. I have a 800Mhz/396Mb RAM Dell dimension with a gForce3 as primary and a mere Matrox Millenium II as the second. I tried it with a sideview but that was a drag. FPS of about 2. Then I decided to use the second monitor to display overhead and centre pedestal and that was a hit! No significant hit on frame rates and I now have a more unobstructed view in stressful moments. I run Win98SE and FS2k2 with DF734 and PIC767 on the main one. I also pack a "comms" computer that takes care of SquawkBox, Roger Wilco and ServInfo as I fly online most of the time. Hope it helps :-)

Alan,If you want to do multiple 3D views, it's best to use multiple machines and Wideview (www.wideview.it). If you had a 3 GHz machine, maybe you could do three 3D views on one system but not at 1 GHz.Luciano, the author of Wideview, uses nine (9) screens!Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Luciano's set-up is amazing - inspiring to have a go with a more modest arrangement - maybe three client PC's for the external views. Adequate video cards are now coming on the market second hand (geforce 2's at Ebay) and also mobo's/cpu's.Anybody know if those client PC's (the ones on the rack) each have a hard-disk?PH

Of course they need a hard disk, each one with the exact same installation you have on the main PC, so you have the same sceneries, same clouds, etc.... Best, Jaime

...........appreciate the advice..........plenty of food for thought, but decided for now to treat my self instead to a GeForce 3 card, and a wheel mouse so i can sample the delights of making myself dizzy with the latest version of Active Camera Pro..........regards........alan d kerr