Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

I LIKE "MY TRAFFIC".............

Guest United

Like many, I have no time to utilize PAI. I assume it is a fine site with good stuff, but I dont have the time, so I plopped down my $$ for My Traffic and proceeded to watch the traffic at 2X and 4X speed on my FS2002 over several hours. I went to a multitude of large and smaller airports everywhere world wide. I can't speak to everyone's favorite field, but what I did see was a very nice spread of properly placed major airlines, Package delievery airlines and general aircraft and where they were supposed to be. Yes, there were a few minor "what is that airliner doing there", but that was at a very small field. The quality of the aircraft is good, not great, but good. The frame hit was nothing to speak of. Now, these are all departing aircraft. While at KSFO, I saw several landings, but this was harder to ascertain at other airfields, but I didn't stay long at any field, even at 2X or 4X. Personally, this is fine. I am tired of the "go arounds", not realistic and obviously not fixable until FS2004 (hopefully!!) and I dont care about other traffic En route. Now, I thought I was taking a chance with this product. Never heard of My Traffic people, and I thought 29.99 EURO (nearly the same US) was a bit steep for an add-on from a company I'd never heard of, but I took the plunge and am glad I did. I'm very pleased. Currently, there is no editor, but one is on the way, the question being, is there going to be a further charge for it. Well, I can say right now that even if there is a bit more $$ to be put down on it, I'll likely buy it too! AND I like the lack of a registration #. Purchasing was easy, you got instant access to the correct files. The Sound patch was GREAT! as well. I have airlines I never have had with FS2002. I give this add-on a solid A-

"Like many, I have no time to utilize PAI."I don't follow. I have very little free time, but Project AI's site is well organised and its content amazing stuff given that it's freeware. It's a breeze to use, as it does everything for you ... no more trying to work out how to do it all. I realise you've gone your own route, but for other readers there ain't nowt wrong with PAI and it takes no time at all to install the individual downloads.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

There isn't anything wrong with PAI, but I can see where he's coming from. I've heard that MyTraffic has a smaller download file than PAI, and for dialup users like myself that is a major factor. MyTraffic sounds like a good deal to me :).

Guest mikehaska

If you can set the time setting to 2x or 4x, that means the flights are not real world schedules, are they? What airlines are installed?

Guest drobson

I've looked at that, but have decided not to buy it. I do agree, however, that the PAI installers leave a lot to be desired. It's a very difficult thing to work with. (I get some traffic, and others do not ever show up). However, there will be new installers coming out that will be easy to work with, so I'm going to wait for that. Frank says it should'nt be too much longer.Darrell

Guest pumrigar

Hi,Do you have any third party airports such as the Simflyers series. Just wondering if the My Traffic aircraft properly follow the taxiways and runways. I was under the impression that My Traffic overwrites any customizations such as the AI patch provided by Simflyers.Thanks,Pesi

Guest United

specifically supported, but the My Traffic people have said time and time again that they will do this IF the 3rd Party programmers will give them a ring, pretty reasonable I think. I set my rate for observation to 2X or 4X, what in the world does that comment mean. The schedule runs the same (??????). I used ARRad and between KLAS and KSFO there was 2-12 aircraft all the time, averaging 5-6. This is a great addon and dont tell me that installing and running PAI is easy.

>dont tell me that installing and running PAI is >easy. Click link. Wait for file to download. Double-click downloaded file. Hit OK.If MyTraffic is really easier than that, I'm very impressed.Not that I have anything against MyTraffic, but I am very happy with ProjectAI, so I don't want to see other people turned away from it.Matt

dont tell me that installing and running PAI is easy.Easy in FSdom is a subjective term. I do find PAI VERY easy to install and use even manually installing is easy but the same obvioulsy doesn't ring true for you or others for that fact. It seems that some are having better luck than others in getting PAI to work properly on the first try. Options to PAI like MyTraffic are a great thing and anything that helps enhance YOUR flightsim experience is a good thing. Would I spend the money for it, not at this point because PAI gives me all that I need right now. Who knows what advances MyTraffic may bring us in the future!Have fun loading up your airports!Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg

Guest lmoelleb

That is NOT how PAI is installed - this is how:1) Download 50 packages one by one (OK, I do not know how many their are precisely, that's not really important here). No way of just saying "give it all to me" and let it move from package to package by itself.2) Run the installers IN THE RIGHT ORDER - which you will find by reading the PAI forum.3) Correct callsigns in the aircraft.cfg files.4) Update the FDE (notice that the way they are packaged, you can't just copy them to your "aircraft" directory - no, you have to go into each single aircraft file and on top of it all you have to edit aircraft.cfgI must say I consider the current installer 100% useless - and I do not have time for it, neither do I have time for the manual stuff. It is not becourse I do not know how it works - I do, but I simply have better things to do with my time that performing repetitive tasks - precisely the stuff a computer is good at doing on it's own, so why should I do it?Anyway, PAI should release a new installer in some relatively short time (a few weeks if I remember correctly from their forum) - I hope that will make it less timeconsuming to install.

I wonder what can be easier than just click,click,click (and pressing enter once or twice)?PAI installers have always worked flawlessly for me. The only bugs I've found are incorrect atc_airline names in some aircraft but that's easily fixed (and rare).

>That is NOT how PAI is installed - this is how: >>1) Download 50 packages one by one (OK, I do not know how >many their are precisely, that's not really important here). >No way of just saying "give it all to me" and let it move >from package to package by itself. That's if you want them all. If you fly only in Europe, you don't need the rest...Great plus IMO, especially if you're limited in bandwidth...>2) Run the installers IN THE RIGHT ORDER - which you will >find by reading the PAI forum. After the core package, that goes for only 2 that contain fixes for that. And without those, it will still work albeit you're missing a few airports.All the others can be installed in any order you wish.>3) Correct callsigns in the aircraft.cfg files. A few bugs in those, yes. But that doesn't prevent it from working.>4) Update the FDE (notice that the way they are packaged, >you can't just copy them to your "aircraft" directory - no, >you have to go into each single aircraft file and on top of >it all you have to edit aircraft.cfg >Not needed. Haven't done it myself and it works just fine (OK, some aircraft behave a bit weird on touchdown, but that makes it more fun to watch them :-) ).

>............... but the My Traffic people have said >time and time again that they will do this IF the 3rd Party >programmers will give them a ring, pretty reasonable I >think. It may sound reasonable but for someone like me, who has spent a lot on additional airports, it is not very reasonable! 3rd party airports come out almost daily, and unless there is an easy fix, we have to wait for My Traffic to correct each and every one when, and if, they receive the info.With PAI patterns and gates are relatively simple to correct.http://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S

Guest frankcubillos

We are in the process of inplementing a much easier and powerful installer that Olivier has coded from scratch. All PAI releases are being fixed and repackaged.As some of you know I recently took the helm at PAI, lot's of cleaning up and fixing being done by the 45+ volunteers.The old method of installing is too messy at times as some of you have seen, something that doesn't please me at all. That's why EVERY PAI release to date is being redone, it's a big chore but were not to far away from migrating to this new and much better method of installing PAI.As always, thank you for your support!http://projectai.com/images/frankpai.jpg