Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

I LIKE "MY TRAFFIC".............

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I must be in need of some serious help. When the PAI installers work right, I am very impressed and thankful for the dedication of the PAI team. When they don't (I once had twin United planes all over) I actually LIKE fixing it! I haven't the talent or knowledge to build my own flightplans, AFCAD, and aircraft, but I can move files and run TTools and AITM. I guess it gives me the feeling that someone else isn't doing ALL the work for me. And the only cost is DL time and tinkering time. I only wish I knew how to model the Fokker 100 to help get American Airlines off the ground.My hearfelt thanks go to the PAI teamSky

>>dont tell me that installing and running PAI is >>easy. >>Click link. Wait for file to download. Double-click >downloaded file. Hit OK. >>If MyTraffic is really easier than that, I'm very impressed. >>Not that I have anything against MyTraffic, but I am very >happy with ProjectAI, so I don't want to see other people >turned away from it. It would appear that too many people are completely missing the point, if they think that you can compare "MyTraffic" to PAI."MyTraffic" also adds NEW VOICES to the airlines, something that you would have to use the EditVoicepak utility to accomplish separate from PAI a/c installation."MyTraffic" does it ALL, in one easy, painless step."MyTraffic does the work of an even dozen separate utility programs... :)

I haven't tried MyTraffic, but I haev been very pleased with PAI so far. For example, my local airport is Buffalo, and after installing all of the PAI installers, I now see very realistic traffic on a rather small and insignificant airport. Carriers such as Southwest, Jetblue, and United on what appears to be realistic schedules. My only real problem with PAI so far is getting duplicate traffic caused my installing incorrectly. But a little work and I got everything straighened out. I haven't installed a bunch of afcad files, so I don't get too much traffic even on big airports. However, this is good because it keeps my framerates relatively high. Anyway just my 2 cents...

I apologize for any confusion caused by the front page post about MyTraffic. The feature list was copied from a press release and I did not put quotes around it to let everyone know that it was a statement made by the manufactuer, not AVSIM.Please keep in mind that we do get a lot of press releases, and claims made on the front page as news are usually those presented to us by the manufacturer, and unless otherwise stated, AVSIM is not endorsing the product, we are only relaying the news as presented to us. On the other hand, if it is a review or preview, then the features mentioned are checked by the reviewers themselves. I am not trying to escape blame here as I did not follow a procedure, and I know better then that. The responsibility for this post falls squarely on my shoulders.Again, sorry for problems my post may have caused. http://www.avsim.com/vaworld/mikep/smallsig.jpg

Mike,No problem. As I said, I am happy with the product and I keep hoping someone will prove me wrong and convince me that these are real flights afterall. ;-) When the editor comes out, perhaps it will be possible to put the real schedules in. Thanks for your concern though.David