Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Whatever happened to the FS2k2 B-25, DC-3, Constellatio

I seem to remember a number of desirable planes being worked on for FS 2002 that I haven't heard about in a while. Wha' happen?Carl

If you want n fs2k2 dc-3 go to www.dc3airways.com. Look over the site, in addition to the downloads...and you might want to sign on.Sherm

Guest Coneman

From what I've read the B-25 is in progress and the Constellation might be out around Christmas.Todd

The DC-3 available is a semi-updated FS2000 version. Their development team has melted down so in 2002 it has some issues. The lavish VC is not present, the landing lights don't work, the wheels don't roll, etc. etc.Certainly they put a ton of work in it but 30+ meg download, plus payment is not worth it until it is actually a 2002 version and not half-baked.But if you use FS2000 it looks worth it.

To call the R4D "half-baked" is to very much overstate the minor shortcomings. OK, there's no VC or moving wheels, but you get a simply superb 2D panel, great flight profile, and an awesome sound package. It is still one of the best planes ever to be produced for flight sim, bar none. And it flies just fine in FS2002 with the supplied updates.as far as I know, the full FS2002 replacement is being worked on, and will be released when ready.For those who haven't tried this yet, its definitely worth the download time and modest donation, which all goes to getting the real R4D flying again.

Alastairmonk:The pics you show of the R4D illustrate the corrected navigational lights. Instead of looking like basketballs, they appear proportional. Is this fix available as a download or only thru the CD from MAAM?Thanks.Chris

Its available here. Do a date-related search for "R4D" and look out for r4dl_fix.zip by Paul "Priddy" Pridmore (who has about 6 of these R4D/DC-3 fixes out for the various models !) Great stuff !