Sign in to follow this  
spilok

ERJ panel...love it, but how about

Hi all, I heard the real ERJ doesn't have auto thottle. Hard to believe in this day and age. It's tough to leave this plane when on autopilot without that "computerized chick" coming on warning me in her lispy voice that I'm exceeding the speed limit. I usually end up overstressing the bird and losing a flight that I'm really into. Even if it isn't real, is there a way to ADD "cruise control" to this wonderful plane and panel? To me, that would make it just about perfect. Stan

Guest Martin

You can always uncheck the "Aircraft stress causes damage" box. The "stress" is really unrealistic in FS anyway.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

I'd still like to leave the plane on a long flight, and get a sandwich and a beer. How do the real pilots do this without an auto throttle...I just don't get it. Stan

a pilot does not leave the cockpit to get a beer or atleast i hope not :-lol . You should be able to get a good cruise speed by setting the thrust limit to CRZ and leave your N1 around 85% above FL320 depending on the weather.You might have better luck with getting a stable crz speed by using the supplied airfile and aircraft.cfg in ERJ extras folder.These files are ment to be used with Nick's ERJ model but Iam sure it could be edited to work with Mike's ERJ as well.Richard Dillon KPDKSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta TeamPAI beta tester ____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Stan,There's no way to add "cruise control". The entire autopilot system was coded without the autothrottle, which makes a HUGE difference, especially in pitch control. "Lispy voice"!? My wife doesn't have a lisp!Beer in the cockpit? Shame on you! We usually have martinis. Really smooooooths out those tedious flights and cuts down on that irritating wind noise.Bill

Great response, BillThanks for talkin' to me. Must be my speakers. Your wife's voice sounds great!Since I'm a beer guy, and I'm flyin' from my computer...I always look for a landing challenge. Mr. Miller (Lite) gives me the challenge. THANKS again, Stan

Ha...great response, Bill. Thanks for talkin' to me. Yeah, I'm a beer guy (especially when I watch Football games on Sunday). Your wife's voice sounds better now that I know it's a real person, and not a computerized sound. Mr. Miller (Lite) helps make some of my landings challenging....with flight simulator. I'd never invite him on a real flight, though. Thanks for responding....one of the best planes and panels for this hobby. I appreciate your hard work. Stan

> Mr. Miller (Lite) gives >me the challenge. I thought you said that you like to have a beer -- that's not beer!! :)The Chairman of the Guiness Brewery was visiting the US and met with the Presidents of Coors and Millers Breweries. They decided to have a late night drink before retiring at their hotel. The President of Millers ordered a Millers Lite , the President of Coors ordered a Coors lite and the Chairman of Guiness asked the waitor for a glass of water.When the other two asked him why he had ordered water -- he said" Well, if you guys aren't having a beer, I won't either! "Barry

Barry,When I drink beer for volume, I prefer to do the Aussie way... Foster's, in the super sized can!Bill