Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

New CDG scenery

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yikes, I have a question. Is the Auto-installer asking for the FS2002 Root directory during installation? I'm not sure I figured out the French correctly??? ;-)

No, it's not necessary to install it in the fs2002 root directory. Install it in any folder, then cutthe installed files and paste it to the ADDON SCENERY folder, and finally install the scenery via the scenery library.No exclude or flatten are needed :-)../)_/). _ Cl

Hey!!! Nice scenery!!! i love it. Thanks Has anyone done the gates foe AFCAD yet? Are they on the agenda? Daren :-beerchug

There's already an Afcad file in the package. :-)../)_/). _ Cl

Paris, my favourite City !Thank you for all your hard work.BestGlenn

.. and I knwo what I'll be doing with that AFCAD file later on? Overlays, here I come :-lol

For those who fear overlays, could someone simply activate runway 9 as well as runway 8 to avoid bottlenecks? The parking locations look fine to me.Cheers,Glenn CampbellWindsor, ON

Clement, the new scenery looks great, I must say, but right now I can only say that about the terminal buildings. I'm having a problem where I get the FS error message that it can't find a scenery object (it says this 4 times) and once the scenery loads, I have no taxiways, just runways, terminals and the tarmac around the terminals. I installed everything to a temp folder and then copied and pasted it to the "scenery" folder. Then I added the scenery in FS. Any help would be greatly appreciated!-Cal

Sorry, I can't help you. I'm not the author of this scenery, the author is YANNICK MILLE. I just posted the link because only a few people know about fsfrance. Have you tried to reinstall the scenery ?If you still have this problem after having reinstalled this scenery I'll post a thread in French at the fsfrance support forum, Yannick Mille will surely reply. :-)../)_/). _ Cl

I also have this problem "can't find a scenery object ". I might have done somthing wrong when installing (my french isn't very good).Any suggestions/help would be most welcome.ThanksCee_Bee

OK, I'm posting a message for you at the fsfrance support forum. :-)../)_/). _ Cl

Thread posted !Now we just have to wait for an helpful reply :-)../)_/). _ Cl

>I also have this problem "can't find a scenery object ". >Any suggestions/help would be most welcome. A suggestion which helped me when I had a missing object message was to convert the hex strings in the error message into 2 digit ASCII codes, and see if the resulting ASCII spells out anything meaningful. In my case it spelt out "Nova" something-or-other which was he clue that I was missing a required Nova Library .bgl file which many scenery designers use so often that they forget the rest of us may not have it on our hard disks :)Of course it may just spell out gibberish :(

Clement,I have downloaded & installed the scenery last night. The first impression is overwhelming! I was a little afraid about the impact such a detailed scenery would have on the frame rate, considering that the fps in France are generally lower than in the surrounding countries. But I was positively surprised. The framesare at the same lavel as onthe default detailed airports like Heathrow or O'Hare.I can't wait to download the add on!Thanks a lot for your great work, Clement!WolfgangInnsbruck, Austria

You're welcome Wolfgang, butHEY, GUYS, THIS IS NOT MY WORK ! :-lolThe author of this amazing scenery is Yannick Mille, who's also made a great Orly scenery and an amazing Lyon St Exupery scenery (all available at www.fsfrance.com).If you liked the scenery and if youwant to thank him for his hard work and if you want him to keep making amazing sceneries, go there:http://perso0.free.fr/cgi-bin/guestbook.pl?login=fsfrancethen click on "cliquez ici" and write your message in the language you want. :-)Next to Nom, type your nameNext to email, type...your email address !and next to URL type the address of your webpage if you have one.Then, once you've written your message, click on "OK".Thanks guys, and have fun with Yannick's scenery !About the scenery objects problem, I'm still waiting for someone to reply at the fsfrance forum...../)_/). _ Cl

hey guy's! he did a great job on the CDG scenery! thanks Yanik! But i went to the small setion off the main terminal, the round terminal near the far side next to the runway's, when i was taxing inbetween the gates and the main terminla building i got a Building Crash on the taxi-way, like maybe there is some default stuff still there but not showing?? Anyone else get this problem,?? Seem to only be on this samll terminal side only, the main terminal area did not give this message!? if anyone knows how to fix this Building Crash problem let me know, or there is an exclude line missing somewhere? thank's MIKE-:)

What do you mean by "building crash"? Have the aircraft "crashed" even if there was no building, or did you get a scenery error message ?Did you have the previous verion of this CDG scenery installed ?../)_/). _ Cl

Hi there, well I had a CDG add-on before, but i removed and deleted it! But i was taxing on the taxi-way between the teminal and gates, and right in the middel of taxing, i got the "CRASH" which said Buliding Crash and then FS restarted again, this again is not at the main terminal, as that seems to be ok, but this happend at the Small circle terminla far from the main terminal near the runways,? Is there a fix for this? thank's MIKE, Love the new CDG scenery!

Ah OK. I have the crash setting turned off, so I couldn't have this problem. I could post a topic about your problem at the fsfrance forum, but where does it happen ? At the terminal 1 (a round terminal with little remote terminals) orat the little circle terminal with 3 jetways near the Terminal 2 ?For the "can't find scenery objects" problem, Yannick replied and said that you should try to re install the scenery and if it doesn't work, post screenshots here.../)_/). _ Cl