Sign in to follow this  
w6kd

Locking the Abacus Review thread

Congratulations Avsim for again locking a thread for no apparent reason and for not being able to take any kind of criticsm. That shows a lot in the confidence that you have in your editorial value. I will draw my own conclusions for this decision.First you ask for volunteers for the reviews, fail to proof-read the review and publish a completely inaccurate facts and then you can't even take the laughter of the community. Hillarious.No reply or justification needed.Well done.Pat

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Pat, congratulations on not giving us the benefit of the doubt. You obviously missed (or chose to ignore) the personal insults and abuse that was showered on our reviewer (now edited out of the thread). We take criticism all the time, just as in allowing your post here. What we won't allow is personal abuse, just as with any message placed in our forums. You may find that "hilarious"; we find it unacceptable behaviour and at a minimum deserving of a thread lock. And... you are welcome to draw any conclusion (wayward or otherwise) you wish. We'll do the same for you.EDIT: And, not to add too fine a point this message, locking a thread is a far cry from totally deleting it. Your original message and those that followed, except for the edited content of the one I mention above remains. Your criticism remains, for all to view. Why do I get the sense that you are upset that we locked your thread because you were hoping for a "pile on" effect? You made your point, it remains, has been noted, and life moves on. So, why all the anger and apparent venom? As far as I am concerned what validity your original message may have had is now tainted by your questionable intent.

I viewed the thread locking as the "bartender" telling you to take it outside. His bar...his rules.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile