Sign in to follow this  
Fiveholer

Anxious throttles...help?

Hey everyone, most of my aircraft want to start moving by themselves...not full throttle but some of the larger jets (3rd party) will get up to 30-40 kts or so. I know its not my Yoke/Throttle calibration problems, I've tried resetting it several times. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!Danny (Fiveholer) :-jumpyKTUL-Tulsa, Oklahoma900MHz AMD AthlonABIT KT7-133A MotherboardCrucial 640MB PC-10030GB Maxtor 7200RPM64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 40.72 Drivers @ 1280x1024 @ 2X AAKDS 19" Visual Sensations MonitorWindows XP Professional

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Danny,Its usually joystick noise (it happens to my system too). A good way to confirm this is to see if your jet aircraft will stay in reverse thrust when you press the F2 key several times. If it keeps coming out of reverse, then you have noise on the lower end of your throttle pot (potentiometer) and no amount of calibration efforts will fix it (believe me, I tried!) :).The way I fix it is to just open FSUIPC and go to the Joysticks tab.Then click the Set button under the the word "Throttle" and move your throttle back to a point when you see the numbers below the 1st "Set" box stop flickering (i.e. the "noise").Press that Set button and it will set that point as the minimum throttle setting...without the noise. :)You can set the max throttle too, but it usually is ok.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dca4d54239d1e5c.jpgHope that helps,Regards,Steve Dra

Hello Steve, thanks! I'll give that a try...very detailed and explained well, thanks again!Danny (Fiveholer) :-jumpyKTUL-Tulsa, Oklahoma900MHz AMD AthlonABIT KT7-133A MotherboardCrucial 640MB PC-10030GB Maxtor 7200RPM64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 40.72 Drivers @ 1280x1024 @ 2X AAKDS 19" Visual Sensations MonitorWindows XP Professional