Sign in to follow this  
Flyer Ken

Active Sky 1.5

I've read posts about Active Sky but cannot find any reviews or where it is available from. Help please and how does it compare to FsMetro??ThanksChuck

Chuck, Look in the file library for activeskyv15.zip Never used FsMetro but this will give you real-time weather in FS2002. Works great! Download it and give it a try. Easy set-up. EnjoyFred Zealor, Private PilotUnder looong final to 30 at KSAC

jerrycwo4I tried Active sky and I like Weather Expert 1.01 better. The clouds have MORE contrast. It not free, but cheap and you can get it here:simMarket/FSSharecenterjerry

It is available right here at avsim for free:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...=Root&Go=SearchI just installed it and started playing around with it. I also use fs meteo. The only main difference I could find (in my first very short flight which was cut short by a collision with an ai aircraft) I noticed that turbulence with active sky is much more random and covers a smaller area. With active sky it seems that I can hit pockets of turbulence and pass through them. It seemes like I was able to fly in and out of it much faster. I am not totally sure. Anyway, active sky is free, so give it a try.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

After you install Active Sky, be sure to read the included file on how to set up FSUIPC to work with the program. It will give you a much better experience.