Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

I did it, I did it, I did it, I passed my FAA checkride

Hi there,just wanted to express my happyness about my private checkride today. After less than 2 months (and 2 real engine failures during private) I finally had my checkride today and now I'm officially a pilot :-)Comair is really awsome, they make you study until you don't even want to flightsim anymore ;-) but that's the way to go when the students are expected to consistently score above 90%.Anyways, I was nervous as I could be and even my short- and softfield landings were good, despite of a 12 knot direct crosswind. Well they were not the prettiest, but...... ;-)I just wanted to post this as an update to my progress at Comair here in Sanford, FL as I still blame Avsim and its community for my aviation enthusiasm ;-) I'll be starting instrument next Monday.Take care,Peterhttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest crashing_pilot

awesome buddy....wish i could.....my eyes prevent me from doing that....good luck on the instruments...won't be a problem i guess? :-)see ya....Tom van der ElstUhhhh.....well i've got no fancy line to type down here....if you know one....let me know...maybe i'll look smarter then *:-*DASH 7 FOREVER! :-bla

Guest emergency_pants

Congratulations *vbs*

Guest aca_dia

Geez two engine failures in two months?!! Perhaps Comair has some maintenance issues... Yikes!Good job getting your private done. :)

Guest RiddlePilot

Comair in Florida? I can attest to those nasty gusting crosswinds today. Congrats on the ticket, and enjoy the outside view while you can. Instrument is a whole different story ;). I just started my commercial and its SOOOO hard to get used to looking outside again.

Guest iflyskyhawks

Awesome Peter! Congrats!!It's a life changing event, earning your wings. I encourage the rest of you out there that if you someday want to fly...DO IT...you only live once. Make your dreams come true!I'm a changed person since earning my private pilot certificate and I love sharing general aviation with friends and family.Good luck on your future training Peter!!

Congratulations, Peter!It took me over 9 years (large gap in the midle of that time) and 2 CFI's in 2 states to get my private. Now also working on my written!Bruce.

Guest Ferer five

Congratulations and best wishes on your future endeavors in aviation! If you are preparing for a career, your timing is right.Enjoy the instrument training, in my opinion it is the most exciting part of the whole deal.Good luck,Charles

Kick A$$! Great Job! A whole world of $100 burgers and fun awaits you! So take time and enjoy it! I know I have!Congrats and take care!

I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words, it is really appreciated. This shows what a great community Avsim has where students from all over the world, different places and different schools don't compete but share the enthusiasm.Yea, those two engine outs were pretty weird to say the least. The first one was a ripped main oil hose while doing some pattern work (right after the aircraft came out of the annual) and the second one was a carburator problem at 3,500 feet over a lake (Lake Apopka) near a little airport called Orlando Country. Fortunately both emergency landings were uneventfull (even though I must say it looks scary to be able to read the serial number of the prop while you're in flight ;-) . This is where the excellent training comes in handy, yet both times the flight instructor obviously took over the controlls while I did the radio calls and emergency checklists.Thanks again guys,Peterhttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11