Sign in to follow this  

MELJET GMAX 744 or POSKY 744 V3 ???

I want to know what do you preffer between those amazing birds :DIf you want to know my opinion , I'll take the POSKY one , but Meljet looks great too.Thanks for your opinionMauro----------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.mperez.ws/aav209_banner.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mauro Perez :DAircraft PainterVATSIM Pilot/Controller ( C-1 )ZDC Washington ARTCC][/b------------------------System Specifications:Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz BUS 533Mother Intel D850 EMV2256MB RIMM PC-800GF4 Ti4400 128DDR (Det.30.82s)HD40GB 7200rpmWin XP PRO------------------------http://www.mperez.ws - mauro@mperez.wsMSN:xpmaster00@hotmail.comAIM:mauroxpCheers ,Mauro *:-*

I wish I could use the Meljet 747's for more than 10 minutes without my system locking up. If I stay in cockpit view for the whole time I might survive, but spot view for some reason sucks the life right out of my flight. They look excellent of course, especially the wing views. I only hope Posky's are a little more forgiving.Tom

I think one should wait until the POSKY one is released before comparing them...Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Ahh...Isn't the Posky out? I'm repainting one now?

V3 isn't out yet... It is supposed to be released this Friday (Nov. 16). Right now I have to vote for the MelJet since I have nothing to compare to yet so it wins be default :-lol

Guest sidewinder

is the V3 from posky a gmax model ?

The MelJet looks fantastic, but I got Mach 1.0 out of a fully fuelled 747-400ER at about 3000ft in level flight. Which seems a little unrealistic. Though maybe I'm wrong?Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Same here, thing was climbing at 12,000 feet/minute ;-)Wowwwaaa, then the auto-throttle kept increasing and decreasing about 20% N1 the whole flight.???Not sure if it's just me or not?Nice looking plane though.

Tom, have a look at my posting on the MelJet forum, I have exactly the same problem and no one has come up with a solution yet! What is your system?NigelVancouverMy System:AMD Athlon XP 2100+ (30.82drv)Gigabyte GA 7VRX moboVisionTek Xtasy GEForce 2Ti 64MB video card512MB DDR RAMIBM 40GB 7200rpm hard driveMaxtor 20GB 7200rpm hard driveSB128 sound cardCHProducts PCI yoke and pedalsWindows 98FE updatedTwo case fans

Those who have problems in spotplane view when using Meljet, go to your display options and reduce aircraft view to low. It should help a lot.