Sign in to follow this  

Hi all, are any of you folks in the flight sim community user AMD's latest 64bit CPUS? How does FS2004 run on a rig with the 64bit system?Thank,Bill

bill400-68.jpg

Guest kilo_sierra17

From what I have read on people who have the 3200+, they say its amazing, and I am sure the new S939 3500+ and 3800+ probably scream with FS2004.

Hey Kurt - I notice you have the same base computer as I do, the XPS T500.I've upgraded my processor to the Tualatin 1.2 Ghz, but other than that, I still have my original Viper 770 Ultra 32...How's your system run? Just curious because I'm considering upgrading.Thanks,Andrew

Guest kilo_sierra17

Hey Andrew - Good to see I am not the only one running an old clunker still :-beerchug Well orginially I had a 16MB Voodoo, which I got ride of quickly, had a GeForce 3 Ti 200, now the GF4 Ti4200. It's definetly starting to show its age, FS, runs well not too bad, I find for me a big killer is the 3D clouds, I have them down at 10%, and some newer high detailed aircraft really slow me down, like the MelJet 777, and all of iFDG's planes I have trouble with, but still runs not bad. On average with the POSKY 757, at Vancouver, I get about 15-16FPS, I lock my FPS at 16, I really don't see a difference between 16 or 20, as soons as I hit the new detailed airports, only the new FS9 ones, like JFK, then I am down to about 5, but the older ones like San Francisco, 13FPS. But I think for X-mas this year, a 64BIT AMD system is on order, and I will use some parts from this one, that I upgraded recently like the HD, CD burner, graphics card.This is what I plan to order AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 939 Pins 1MB L2 Cache 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400 Kit OCZ Dual Channel Premier Series ASUS A8V Deluxe G Mother Board (includes wireless G onboard) Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 (Internal) Onboard 10/100 Mbps Network Card 1.44MB Floppy Drive (black) LinkWorld Black Case (with side window) Ultra 500Watt ATX Power Supply with 2-80mm Cooling Fans - BlackIt comes out to about 1500$ CDN, plus it will have a Maxtor 80GB HD ATA133, 52x32x52 LG CD-drive, and GeForce 4 Ti 4200 which are all now currently in my computer.