Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Make the CH Yoke Movement Smoother?

The CH Products yoke has transformed my flight sim experience but I'm always looking to tweak FS2004 and make it better.Of course, I'm not overly happy with the lack of smoothness in the "in and out" movement of the yoke and I was wondering what others are doing to overcome that shortcoming, over and above software settings -- if anything. I've purchase the registered version of FSUIPC and tried to tweak it that way, and have had some limited success, but the yoke still doesn't have a realistic, smooth slide to it and can be frustrating at times, especially when I'm flying a 737 or 777 and come out of a steep turn -- It takes me a good 2 or 3 minutes to re-trim the aircraft.I'm actually thinking of putting petroleum jelly or light lubricating oil on the post that sticks out of the back of the mechanism, but wanted to get some experience from other users before I did anything that might damage the unit.Thanks in advance for any insight you might provide.Chuck

Hi Chuck,I also find that the CH Yoke is not so smooth as I'd like. On the software/control front, setting the left rocker switch as a trim makes re-trimming easier but still not perfect as the null point is often variable. The situation is improved by lubrication of the two areas of the post (at the front and back) that you can reach. I personally use bicycle suspension lubricant - just because I have stacks of it in my flat but I'm sure any light lube would do it. Be careful not to use too much tough as I'm not sure it would help the electronic parts too much!!Cheers,Geoff

Guest Staggerwing

Silicone Spray works well.. be careful of products that could attack the plastic.

Guest wayupthere

Little bit of Vaseline on the shaft always helped me......... God that sounds soo bad reading it back, but you get my point :-roll

Hi Chuck, this was taken from the support forum at ch products website Revvin the Administrator writes. If the shaft of your yoke does not move smoothly you may wish to lubricate it with a silicone based lubricant such as "Tri Flow" from Sherwin Williams. It is important that you do not use a petroleum base lubricant such as WD40 as it may react badly with the plastic of the shaft and casing.and here's the link to that post http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4478

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Geez, thanks, Cesar -- I had some trouble Googling on their website and then got distracted but I didn't think this would be dealt with on their web site. I guess some other people have found it to be a problem, too. I just figured "it's plastic moving against plastic" and the design is such that it can't help but stick.I'm a bit of a handyman around the house and I've never seen "Tri Flow" in my area, but I'll certainly look for it. Sounds like it will be just the ticket.Thanks again, Cesar!Chuck

Guest Staggerwing

Hey, I'll have to remember that :-lol