Sign in to follow this  
acmech

FS9 SHUTS DOWN! virtual memory error........ Help

Hello,While flying(about an 1hr. long flight) with no other program besides fs9 running I get this error message that states the virtual memory is too low that running disk clean up will help the issue and then it shuts down fs9...:-boom..I have cleaned out all temp files and cookies.Also ,I do a daily defrag of the hardrive. Please help...My system specs are as follows.E6850 intel dual core2gb of ddr2 @1066mzh8800gtx 768mb300 gb hard drive

Does this happen in the same area each time? These kind of errors are often to do with memory bleeds in scenery (even some commercial packages are guilty) when landclass files are improperly located. If you've recently installed some add-on scenery, try disabling it in the scenery library and test if the problem still occurs...Geoff

Guest wayupthere

Hi Amech,>I do a daily defrag of the hardrive.DO NOT do that!!, daily defrag for operating systems these days are not necessary and VERY unhealthy for your drives, your are only INCREASING your chances of having to cope with data loss at some point... its not needed.Other than that, scan your lanclass folder, or do as stated above me. If that fails to resolve it, you can do a test of your physical RAM:http://www.memtest.orgRegards,

Thanks guys for te tips!Although,I need to know wat I am looking for, could you please explain?---> "scan your lanclass folder".I am not sure if it is in a certain area at tis point and time. I ave been doing most fligts in europe lately which I have many addon scenery areas and ulitmate terain covering those regions.also, could conflicting acad files also give tis same type of syptom?

Guest wayupthere

Most likely thing that you have is one or more empty folders inside your scenery folder, causing a memory leak, thus giving you that error.Browse through you add-on scenery folder, to see if you have any empty folders there...Then what you can do is disable all your add-on sceneries,and try to determine if that is the cause, and if it is, what layer is causing it.Enable each in turn, to see if errors happen.Regards,

When I have such problems, I usually start disabling 5 by 5 sceneries which I have, until I find the culprit. Then just narrow it down. It's a bit pain in the #### process but at least you find your bugger...

Thank you guys ,for all your input! I have flown several US only flights ,with no issues. I will now try to disable my europe scenery areas, to see which file is causing all these errors. Thanks again!

Good day.I just recently started having the exact same issue, twice to be specific. Both times in the PMDG747, but the first occasion happened over south England CTD and was instructed to run "disk cleanup" and ther were on 84kb of temporary internet files. The second time happened when I was just about to land on JFK 4R, wham it happened again.I have both Ultimate Terrain Europe and USA, so both of them are corrupt??I will follow this thread.Golli.

Evening,I had the same problem, "Your computer has run out of memory..." error whenever I was flying. I would do all the listed steps above without much success until I did a google and came across an article on OOM errors. Turns out it was a corrupt pagefile.sys. Windos has a page file set aside so when your RAM is full, windows moves files over to the page file sector on your HD so that the RAM is clear. The process happens constantly until one day somehow a program or your computer unexpectedly shuts down whichever situation, the page file gets corrupted. When that happens, there's no free sectors in the page file and as windows writes to the page file, it fills what is not corrupted and as soon as that gets full it starts seeing those corrupt sectors and can't write more, BAM you get Out of Memory errors. Please note, it can also be attributed to bad RAM, but I am speaking for what happened in my case, my RAM is fine.So what you need to do is defragment the page file and most disk defragmenter programs do not defrag the page file. So instead check this article out...http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...PageDefrag.mspxFollow the instructions CAREFULLY and you should not have any out of memory errors anymore. I don't have any out of memory errors anymore now. Also on top of defragging the pagefile, follow the other sections mentioned in the above posts, its a good practice to clean up your FS installation while your at it.*DISCLAIMER* I do not take responsibility for what happens to any of your computers following my tip. My tip is merely my own experience and what I did to fix my out of memory errors.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64