Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

Hover Control

I do not think anyone of you need to defend your contributions to the helicopter sim world. Actions speak much, much, louder than words. Anyone with half a brain can make a determination as to what constitutes just blowing off steam and that which demonstrates honest intent to improve our hobby. IMHO when a post appears to contain negative, unproductive and, sometimes, downright rude comments we should just ignore them,carry on having intelligent communications and in pretty short order those folks will fade away into the internet ether. I do not wish to imply that productive debate on helicopter matters should not be welcome - it should be providing we conduct ourselves in a civil manner without personal attacks. My $0.02 worth. :-wave :-)Gary

Guest jordan

Unfortunately, they don't just disappear into the internet ether. They just discourage and blast members of our helicopter pilot and development community, and never really get called on it.I don't like to think of it as "defending" our accomplishments. It is definitely beyond that. Its more in-line with "celebrating" the wonderful comeback this community has made in the last 12 months. While reminding the nay-sayers that they could have been helpful and encouraging instead.

Guest IanH

HI, my we have got some "interest" hear.First off I am what u call a "rotor-head" and an ex forces helicopter pilot to boot.I too have been in the Flight sim world as a user since Flight Sim for windows 95. I too loved my visits to KVH but for reasons of his own Keith closed the site.I used to frequent Caylen Gates site, but that seemed to have vanished. Now this might be me not looking hard enough but if thats the case, point me in the right direction.Until then one of the better sites I have found is hover control. Actions speak louder than words, and HC is doing something. My hats off to them.Ian HKNT5042Proud to be a member of KNIGHT AIRhttp://www.knightair.org

Guest Buffman_1

I find it hard to believe that someone would be negative about Hover Control at all. For me it has been a 100% positive experience. Jordon and Paul and Keith have all personally helped me in my pursuit of mastering the helicopters. But more importantly they have built a community where you can go and learn and interact with many different people from all over the world....which makes flying the helicopter even more interesting and challenging.The other point I will make is that my hat is off to all of the designers that contribute freely to the helicopter community. With aircraft and scenery and panels and repaints. The quality of their workmanship is a clear indicator of the commitment they have to the community as a whole. It has enhanced my enjoyment and satisfaction beyond all of my expectations of a flight simmulator.Thank you guys and to hell with those that don't appreciate it.Bob Siebken

Hi everyone:this is a great opportunity to offer my heartfelt thanks to Jordan and his staff over at Hovercontrol. Like (most of) the other people that have posted in this thread, Hovercontrol has opened for me, a full-time mesh/AFCAD designer just three months ago, a whole new and very fulfilling aspect of the FS experience. I'm visiting Hovercontrol every time I'm logged on and by now have pretty much forgotten how to design meshes ;-) One particular contribution that stands out for me: when I approached Jordan with the idea of a special forum for the AI helicopter project, it took him less than 8 hours to offer it a home at Hovercontrol and have it up and running! That just blew me away.Many, many thanks to everyone at Hovercontrol. You are a cornerstone of this community of rotorheads!Cheers, Holger Sandmann