Sign in to follow this  

Iron Knuckles DC9 is awesome!

Just downloaded and took the bird around the patch for a quick flight. She is pretty nimble, and doesn't seem to bleed speed off very quickly-- or easily ;) Having been an A+P at Evergreen air center with alot of experience on their 9's I can honestly say I am impressed!The VC looks great-- but not outstanding, since its not photorealistic. The gauges were very readable, and the lighting was perfect. Again, it was just a 5 minute flight-- but overall I am very impressed and happy with my purchase.

Hi there!I was just wondering how large the download file(s) is, and what kind of computer it takes to run it?Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Scott, the file is aproximately 40MB and I see little if no impact on frame rate for my P4 1.3 / Geforce2 MX200. Great aircraft. Reminds me some memories.Hope this helps!

Yeah, the sounds are awesome!Drew Anderson- drew@dr3w.net

Does it contain FMC and AutoLand ability as PSS A320 does?

It doesn't have a FMC, because the real one doesn't. It does have autoland (ILS) ability though.Drew Anderson- drew@dr3w.net

Sorry, no FMC or autoland are included-- which is true to form for this aircraft. Just lots of fun seat of the pants flying ;)

I am impressed after first test flight. I need to read the manual so I can fly without the caution annunciators beeping at me. I must have fried the APU or something. Better use the checklist. :-lol This plane is powerful...climbs very well. Gauges are crisp and easy to read. Sounds are awesome. I'm very happy with this purchase...way to go Flight 1!

Thanks Thaellar.Until you get the systems figured out, you can open up the Load Manager and check suppress alarms, or you can press on the master warnign caution light to shut them up for a little bit.Hope you enjoy it.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Jim,Outstanding job on the DC-9! I just had one question-- are their supposed to be sounds for the seat/smoking toggles?Thanks!Bill

Guest mikehaska

I have heard from someone that the "ding-dong" that the signs makes is not usually audible in the cockpit. However, I was a bit chagrined by the windows ding the FA Call button makes!Great package overall! Can't wait to fly it in Air Canada colours :-)