Sign in to follow this  

Iron Knuckles DC9 is awesome!

Just downloaded and took the bird around the patch for a quick flight. She is pretty nimble, and doesn't seem to bleed speed off very quickly-- or easily ;) Having been an A+P at Evergreen air center with alot of experience on their 9's I can honestly say I am impressed!The VC looks great-- but not outstanding, since its not photorealistic. The gauges were very readable, and the lighting was perfect. Again, it was just a 5 minute flight-- but overall I am very impressed and happy with my purchase.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there!I was just wondering how large the download file(s) is, and what kind of computer it takes to run it?Regards,ScottKJMS

Hi Scott, the file is aproximately 40MB and I see little if no impact on frame rate for my P4 1.3 / Geforce2 MX200. Great aircraft. Reminds me some memories.Hope this helps!

It doesn't have a FMC, because the real one doesn't. It does have autoland (ILS) ability though.Drew Anderson- drew@dr3w.net

Sorry, no FMC or autoland are included-- which is true to form for this aircraft. Just lots of fun seat of the pants flying ;)

I am impressed after first test flight. I need to read the manual so I can fly without the caution annunciators beeping at me. I must have fried the APU or something. Better use the checklist. :-lol This plane is powerful...climbs very well. Gauges are crisp and easy to read. Sounds are awesome. I'm very happy with this purchase...way to go Flight 1!

Thanks Thaellar.Until you get the systems figured out, you can open up the Load Manager and check suppress alarms, or you can press on the master warnign caution light to shut them up for a little bit.Hope you enjoy it.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Jim,Outstanding job on the DC-9! I just had one question-- are their supposed to be sounds for the seat/smoking toggles?Thanks!Bill

I have heard from someone that the "ding-dong" that the signs makes is not usually audible in the cockpit. However, I was a bit chagrined by the windows ding the FA Call button makes!Great package overall! Can't wait to fly it in Air Canada colours :-)

I agree, very impressive aircraft, great job Flight One, can't wait to see the Meridian if this is any indication!

I see that you can download the whole package from their site, without paying for it first. Does this mean it works as a trial version before you actually pay for it or does it work at all?It would be cool to take it for a short test flight before purchasing..

No. The executable activates a secure ordering connection to Flight1 so that you may purchase the DC-9. After a succesful purchase the installation then proceeds. If at any time you need to reinstall the package you'll have a key saved on your computer that will allow you to do so. It's not a trial version. But, having used it and gotten quite a bit of enjoyment out of it, I couldn't see putting the -9 through trials anyhow. After only a couple of minutes I'd go and purchase it. The visual model is outstanding, the sounds superb, and the panel quite lovely. I'm very happy with this purchase. I do seem to be having problems with the panel, but I'm sure I'll get those sorted out in time. It's a very worth-while purchase, IMO.

Hey, do u have to purchase this aircraft from the computer on which you play fs ? Coz I have a computer for fs which is not connected to internet, and a computer for internet which doesn't have fs installed...What are theliveries included ?../)_/). _ Cl

You can still do all that. After you go through the purchase process, a backup copy of the key and the direct installation program is copied to your hard drive. For example, if your hard drive is "C", the files would be placed in C:Flight 1 Software. Then just copy the folder with the backup registration key and the install program to a zip disk or CD. Whatever has the storage capacity for the files.Place both files on the hard drive of the second computer, execute the download file, and press the Reinstall button. Just point the dialog box that comes up to the location of that key on your hard drive, and the installer will bypass the payment process and install the files.http://www.fsheartland.net/images/Signature_F1.jpg

there is great looking C9 included. Did about 15 T & G's last night and it handles great! Someone asked about sound, well the sound is just awesome!I recommend.Dave

Since it doesn't have an FMC (like the real one), then where does the flight plan go? Does the autopilot follow the flight plan?

Kerke,No disrespect, but in the not so old days planes did not simply fly themselves around the country, landing without any input from the pilot. Although some "old" planes had INS, most were simply handflown from waypoint to waypoint. This means you'll have to use two radios +/- DME to know when you are at a waypoint, etc. You should find it a refreshing change from the button pushing! In any case, that is why it is called "Iron Knuckles", not "Button pushing". (Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the glass cockpits too!)David

After the "flurry" of "not-so-smooth" commercial releases lately, it's refreshing to see a package get immediate praise instead of immediate disapproval. :-)Word of mouth still goes a LOOOOOONG way, IMHO. :-)

Hi Eko,Well of course we have a few issues to work out just like any release once it gets on many other computers of varying systems and things that were not caught by staff or beta testers, but we will get them and get them all resolved in good time if all can be patient.ThanksJim Rhoads