Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Flashing after installing wxRE

Jim or Damien,I installed fs9 a few weeks ago. After getting rid of the lousy FPSI installed wxRE on FS9. And now each time I am getting shortly after activating wxRE flashing. I am convince this is NOT an AS problem. Could it be a RAM problem? I have presently 512 MB for the motherboard and 128MB for the Radeon 9800 Pro video card. I have ordered an extra 512MB that I am still waiting. I think and hope that this will fix the problem. What are your opinion ?Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Hi Roger,What is flashing?Panel? Update your video drivers.. if that doesn't work, turn off "RENDER TO TEXTURE" in FSClouds? Turn 3D cloud percentage to 100% Documented in FSUIPC details..Hope that helps!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian, Flashing?Lights are on the somebody quickly turns the switch OFF then ON.... OFF/ON... OFF/ON... It can go on for a minute or 5 or 10. I suspect not enough RAM for the motherboard. Despite only 526MB I tried without SWAP file. NO flashing but once fully loaded bingo... down went the FS. Not at all surprisingly.Except for the "RENDER TO TEXTURE" turned ON all the other parameters or drivers updates are O.K. (video and BIO drivers). I now turned off the RENDER TO TEXTURE. It seems for the moment to have solved the problem. More flights will confirm it.Thank you.I will keep you informed.Roger

Roger

Damian,The turn off "render to texture" did definitively cured the problem.Roger

Roger