Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

NEW Alaska 28 M USGS Mesh

Hi friends;Just to let you know http://www.fsfreeware.com - their design Team is working on a Highly DETAILED MESH FOR ALASKA!!! AT 28 M!! I TESTED AND IS ABSOLUTELY NICE AND HIGhLY DETAILED - AS NO OTHER!!best sporters

Is this true 28 meter elevation points, or oversampled (extrapolated) 75 meter source?? I did not notice any mention of the source on their website after a quick look.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I'd asked fsfreeware - and data sources - are from the 30 M Ned - no interpolation or whatever else - true genuine 30m NED from USGS. I've all usgs series from fsfreeware and they are really good - somentimes too good!best spotters.

Humm...If that's a picture of it, I'll stick with Eddie Denney's Mesh, much better than that screenshot.

I can tell you - I've Eddie mesh as well - but the FSfreeware - elevation are much more pronunced - because this Alaska mesh is designed with the latest Usgs data - I can assure - this is ways better than Eddie - mesh!! - I'm sure Fsfreeware will release a Demo - for this package - soon - as they always do.best spotters

Maybe, but what the heck is this "Join Mapserver for "Only" $34.95/year" Then I see this will be avialable for $19.99????do we have to pay $35/year just to have the chance to pay $$20.00 bucks for something that probably isn't much of an improvement over what I already have installed for free?

Fsfreeware distribute their scenery from their shareware shop - or you can join the Mapserver - where for only Us$34.99 / year - you are a member and able to Download the all of the scenery produced by them - - and that only cost us35 - for 1 year membership - -or - you can also buy each scenery - as single purchase at their shareware shop - - the choice is yours - I can guarantee you - I'm a member of Mapserver - and is simply GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!best spotters

Ahhhh...I see, thanks! ;-) Think I'll stick with FS Genises for my "Lifetime" membership ;-)

Choice is yours!I rather have the VARIETY FSfreeware offers in their scenery - They simply offer a Much Wider Choice.best spotters

Great to have a new choice...because Justin does only offer 78mtr base mesh for Alaska and Eddies mesh ..okay you get the point. Show us some more pictures..Mnt McKinley or the Juneau/Ketchikan Area or the Aleutian Islands....Rob "Holland&Holland" de VriesFor accurate and custom made ambient and nature sounds(sets) for Lago's FSSoundscape go to:"What Is It Like to See with Your Ears"

RobdeVries.jpg

They are working - Alaska - from West to East - and keeping uploading areas into Mapserver as they get it compiled. I'll keep you updated with screenshots as Areas area uploaded. They also told me - as soon they whole of Alaska is completed - they will put on a cd - which will be sold at fsfreeware shareware shop - and also published by a FS Software Publisher - and probably available on shops also. best spotters

Defenetly this is a big project - !!I'm very sure - this mesh will also works very well with Faber's - Usa Textures - if you have designed Alaska - which for sure are reccomended to everybody!!best spotters

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog