Hi there,The earlier incident was due to adware installed that was effecting communications through the MS internet control (via IE).This user had to re-install windows as the spy/adware was not allowing the request from AS2004 to come back, and was instead trying to track the request and send it to the adware's server as well as change the home page and "hijack" IE. Adware removal programs did not work.This may be a similar issue. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ is a good free ad/spyware removal program. You may want to give it a try to see if you can find/remove such programs. If you cannot remove them, a re-install of windows may unfortunately be in order.FWIW, this user with the spy/adware issues also had a problem downloading files from the AVSIM file library. Do you have similar problems?A new public MR2 beta build will be available soon, and if you continue to have problems after all this I can prepare a test build (to go on top of the latest MR2 beta) to help isolate exactly what the problem is and possibly develop a work-around. Expect the new MR2 build within 48 hours....Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

That may be the solution.I have had big time problems with one spyware.A "coolwebsearch" spyware who infected IE and some other services.I managed to get rid of this after a lot of work.Now its gone, but AS2004 is still not working.Looks like the last option is reinstall of windows.Btw. When i try to download an archived weather report i get this error message:aserror.jpgCan this have some connection to the other problem?

Hi,Yes, it looks like a corrupt installation or data file, or improper configuration of your weather file folder.Have you done a re-install of AS2004? This might be in order. You are installing into your FS9 folder, correct?

Damian Clark

HiAfter the latest update (130) i still got the same problems. Uninstalled As2004, cleaned the whole computer from spywhere, viruses etc. Deleted everything from the registry concerning As2004, and still the same problem. Active weather is still 120150Z. And when i download an archived file i get the same message: Invalid weather file folder...etc. But i did reinstall several times so the folder must be correct, i payed very close attention to where i installed the as2004, active radar and the updates, it's all in fs9/modules.Any further suggestions?Thanks

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Hi,Do you have ZoneAlarm installed by any chance? There are many known issues with this software, if you have it, you have to uninstall and perform additional post-uninstall steps to actually get rid of it. Please search recent posts (zonealarm) for one user's experience with this.Also, after uninstalling all as2004/activeradar items (before reinstall) did you also delete any remaining files in the activesky2004 folder? This is important, as there could be some corrupt data there.You mentioned you installed in FS9/modules... You mean just FS9, correct? installing As2004 into FS9/modules (instead of FS9 root) will cause problems.. make sure it is going into the right place....Finally, check the activesky2004 folder for any .asd files. If found, delete.Does this help?

Damian Clark

HiI did have Zonealarm installed, and if memory serves well, it must have been around the time i had it installed the problems with AS2004 began. Well, anyway, i just removed any and every trace, also in the registry, i could find of Zonealarm. Uninstalled As2004, cleaned the map and removed all links in the registry.Still to no avail.BTW i install As2004 in the root directory (fs9) and it places itself in the modules map, so i see fs9>modules>ActiveSky2004. The update (130) installs itself in this map to. This is correct isn't it? I also still get the message "Invalid weather file folder etc." I don't understand, my system is more than clean now and still...I could not really find any post-uninstall steps to take for uninstalling Zonealarm other than cleaning te registry which i read in the forum from Zonealarm itself.My last option would be to reinstall windows and that's not an option at this time for me.I hope you can help me, because the time it worked properly i loved your product. I understand it must be something on my system and not a faulty product from your side.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Hi,Tried that. Unfortunally, no vsdatant there.What could the problem be?I removed every single link from As2004 and ActiveRadar i could find from the registry again, by hand. Still the same old 120150Z and still the message "Invalid weather file folder etc." when i try to manually download a wx file from a certain date. Reminds me of the movie Ground Hog day where every day is excactly the same, my weather is always the same. It must have something to do with Zonealarm i think, but there are no traces from that program on my pc anymore.Thank you for your continuing effort to help.Eric

I tried everything to fix this.Tried with all types of anti adware and spyware tools.Runned virus check, uninstalled antivirus prog.No help.Had to reinstall windows.

Reinstalling is unfortunately not an option for me now because i need the pc for work and i'll be busy for at least a week getting my setup back the way it was. It seems a little strange that we both have the same date and time where we got stuck, namely 120150.Greetings Eric

Hi Eric,Sorry it is still not working for you... as Jim said, 120150 is the default included AS2004 wx file. So you haven't received any download of new data since installing/reinstalled.Since the problem is obviously related to ZoneAlarm, there has to be someway to get it completely removed so that it does not break external program internet activex use.One thought... you may want to install the vb6 runtime redistributable package from microsoft (www.microsoft.com, search vb6 runtime), after uninstalling all as2004 items, then do a re-install to make sure all vb6 components are updated.Not sure we've done this already, but a reinstall of IE6 is also a good idea...Any other internet issues on your system? Can you download from AVSIM file library ok?Please e-mail me direct @ damianc@hifisim.com for continued troubleshooting. I'll try to help isolate it to what component is failing and we can take it from there.... Thanks for your patience!

Damian Clark