Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

!AS2004 MR2 B132 Beta now available

Well I wouldn't go that far - see my previous posts. There are still haze/visibility issues which readily reproducable but apparently can't be fixed. Not wishing to be critical just correcting the record.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hmmmmmm..... I wrote positive not perfect. The team is still working their, um ..... their seats off, to further improve things. Please, please, don't take this the wrong way! We do value your input! It's been a very long day, especially on these forums and I thought to not even post this.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

No adverse reflection intended on the efforts of the team to get this thing right - just a reaction to John Haley's post as it only took me one flight and about 5 minutes to come across the visibility issue referred to in my other posts.Having made my point I will bow out of this discussion. Best wishesBruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Bruce,The visibility step change from 50 to 80miles is normal, has always been there, and is in no way related to AS. You are just seeing it up at altitude now instead of instantly via the problematic fs9 haze layer ceiling.B136, in testing, has some new handling for haze layer depiction + graduation smoothing. The graduation is also enhanced, to happen quicker and lower to the ground, which makes this visibility transition less apparent and unexpected. But the fact is that we cannot adjust fs9's depiction when it transitions through such values. You can disable as2004 vis smoothing/graduation and enable FS9 haze layer depiction (in B136), which may be what you are looking for. That means instant shift to max vis when passing the visibility layer ceiling, and no "stepped" vis clearing through the 70sm value.Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies