Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

!AS2004 MR2 B132 Beta now available

**Updated for B132 availability - B132 changes listed in revision log below...Hello All AS2004 Users!!!We are delighted to announce that the new MR2 beta build, B132, is available for testing by all existing AS2004 users!Remember this is a beta version, not an official release. Please use at your own risk and make sure you have a copy of your original installation package in case you need to revert back. You MUST have ActiveSky2004 v1.0 or later already installed to run this beta update installation.Many new changes have been made since B115. New Direct Wind Control brings consistent wind depiction at all times without the problems of FS9

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Popart

Hey Jim and Damian,I am very impressed with the new beta releases, but I have some problem since I've installed the latest FSUIPC.It is not AS2004, so it must be FSUIPC (I didn't install any other add-ons at this point) and I was wondering if this is a known problem or just me:I get sounds stutters like alit-t-t-t-t-t-alia, but got rid of these by updating my sound drivers (and changing sound slider in DXdiag). I haven't been able to complete one flight however, cos everytime during flight the game freezes and the sound playing at that time will loop forever. Very frustrating if it happens after a 4 hour flight on final approach...Any idea of this could be FSUIPC related and/or how to fix this?Thanks!

Hi Arthur,Not sure... Haven't really heard of this exact symptom before. But it could be several things...Some ideas:- An FSUIPC option causing headaches? try deleting FSUIPC.ini, let rebuild- Try other DXDIAG accelleration slider settings?- Hardware issue? Memory? Sound card? IRQ share issue? Maybe change the slot? CPU or video card overheating?- Video drivers should be updated to the latest- Too many programs open?- Defragged lately?- Render to texture and antialias off in FS?- If using FSW clouds, using 32-bit and not problematic DXT?- Firewall or Antivirus software causing performance issues?- If you can directly isolate to FSUIPC (delete FSUIPC, confirm no problems, reinstall FSUIPC, confirm problems), you should probably contact Pete on his forum (www.schiratti.com/dowson.html), maybe he as some other ideas..Hope that helps!

Damian Clark

Damian,Haven't had a chance to try this new build yet, but I just found another strange anomally with 131:I'm crusing at FL220 over the Florida Keys in the PMDG B1900D and the wind is steady at 144/09. I was able to cause a very fast (about 2 or 3 secs) sudden wind shift by cycling my views through from 2D to VC and Spot - the wind would suddenly jump to 295/18 and then back again. It didn't do it every time I changed views, but if I sat there cycling, it would eventually do it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,Strange... Instant jump? Then FSUIPC wind smoothing is failing for some reason. Can you replicate without AS2004 loaded? Might be something for Pete to take a look at...

Damian Clark

Concering Beta 131 and the Pic. Although Metar gives 9999 the visibility outside is about 3 miles. I am 2 miles final and bearly see the runway.I ll try the new beta and advise.Keep up the good workRegardsChris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Chris,You mentioned that 'during downloading' this strangeness occured... If the download takes a long time (over 10 seconds) I suppose there could be unexpected results as the direct wind control might get temporarily de-activated.Doesn't make sense about the visibility however, which is handled directly by FSUIPC vis smoothing when below 10KAGL as you are. This should be at least 6sm.. looks like possibly lower, but hard to say for sure. FS always seems to depict lower vis than actual (and reported) although with this dew spread a vis of more like 15SM+ would be more expected, which is clearly not the case here.It may be related to option conrol de-activation. How long are downloads taking for you? Maybe this is where the problem is... let me know if you have been able to re-produce! Thanks Chris!

Damian Clark

Hi again Chris,Just an update... I have made some significant changes to the download process to prevent this type of possible issue with delays. We are testing it privately over the next 48 hours to ensure stability, and it should be available here soon... Please let me know if these things stop once you try it out. Thanks a bunch!

Damian Clark

Guest kiwi pilot

Hi I have loaded down the latest beta The first window AS ON LIne Mode is freesing wont allow me to Quit........regards robin

Guest tstewart

I have the latest beta also and I have noticed that it takes forever for the downloads and and stations to complete. I have only dial-up-28.8 connection but I am talking sometimes 5+ minutes.

Have installed B132 but visibility issues continue - see attachments. These screenshots are taken just a few seconds apart climbing out of YSSY. The sharp change in visiblity is very apparent despite no change in metar.YSSY 101400Z 28013KT CAVOK 10/02 Q1020 RMK RF00.0/000.0 NOSIGYSSY 101038Z 101212 29010KT CAVOKAS2004.ini also attached.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

The effect is not reproducable at 50 max however is reproducable at 80 max but at an altitude of just over 13000. If I descend with a max vis of 80 visibility flips to the lower value at about 9000 ft- see screenshot 3. If I then climb the visibility flips again to the higher value at somewhere between 12000 and 14000 ft - it varies - see screenshot 4.I live on the SE Australian coast overlooking the Pacific Ocean where these shots are from and visibilty is clear to the horizon at the moment as seen in screenshot 4 but AS2004 is only reproducing this visibility when above 13000 ft despite a max vis of 80. While I can avoid the sudden visibility flips by setting a max vis of 50 this just too much haze and is unrealistic.MetarYSCN 110100Z 29012KT CAVOK 16/03 Q1021 RMK RF00.0/000.0 NOSIG RMK YSCN 102234Z 110024 29010KT CAVOK RMK AUTO GENERATED AS2004The only change to the AS2004.ini was the max visibility.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."