Sign in to follow this  
Guest bunchie

"Error during Decompression" message

Guest bunchie

I've just started using AS2004.5 in online mode and inconsistantly get the message "Error during Decompression" during metar updates, while AS2004.5 sits there displaying "Downloading Wx......"If I press "OK" on the message box, AS then continues to write the station data and wx is adjusted accordingly.Anyone else have this prob?Love some advice, StuartThanks in advance

Guest Fjorko

I also have this sometimes, and i have DSL 512K at homeWhat is the solution to this Jim ?Thanks

I just started getting this error this week-end. Does Ken's Autostart have any recommended settings if this is a cause?Bill GKSAT

Hi Bill,Unstable Internet connection.Firewall settings.Anti virus settings.A corrupted installation.Maybe other things that I am not aware of!If this is happening often, I always suggest a complete uninstall then reinstall. The other user and I have been back and forth a number of times over the past few days.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Thanks Jim,I will keep a watch on it. I only recently have seen it, and was using the FSStart program which I don't always use.BillGKSAT

Guest bunchie

I've done a re-install of AS 2004.5 on Jim's advice.I have been monitoring for a couple of days now with only one re-occurence of "error during decompression".This was when FS was left paused for about 3 hours and AS was left running.I hope this helps.Bunchie

Guest psouthan

Just thought I would mention I have had this problem too and I have taken Jim's advice and re-installed. however, that hasn't seemed to have fixed it for me. it is very errectic in its appearance.paul

Hi All,Those of you that are seeing this, we need your help. Another user who was experiencing this noticed that this error happening during a very slow station write process. Can you users track this and see if there is a connection to the error and station write speed? It may be a moot point in a number of days, but it would help me out! Thanks in advance!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest bunchie

Jim,I've not had any reoccurence of this message now for a good 5 days, so I'm assuming my re-install of AS has done the trick.Looking forward to the FSUIPC prob update.Thanks for your time, energy and support.Bunchie (Stu)

Jim,I had re-installed and also have not seen the error since. Thanks to your team for the world-class service!Bill

Guest DZollner

I've flown probably 10 flights this last week, but only got this Error During Decompression this morning for the first time. I closed down AS2004.5 and restarted and my second attempt was successful.

Hi all,It is apparent this is very intermittent and is most likely related to internet throughput/connection problems.Development continues on new ways to handle the communications and be more forgiving/transparent when problems come up...Thanks for all your reports and feedback!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies