Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2004.5 Beta Update Now Available - B163

Guest victorwest

Im going to download and try out tonight.Many thanks for continuing to make an excellent product even better.Victor

The build 163 setup file creates entries in a different start menu/program group than the shipping build 147 version i.e AS2004 vs AS2004.5

AVSimSig.jpg

>Hi,>>FSUIPC requires render to texture off as documented. Not sure>why anyone would release an add-on incompatible with FSUIPC?>>Jim,Are you sure about that? I use render to texture on with Active Sky and have found no problems. I searched the FSUIPC document and could only come up with this statement regarding render to texture. It is in the section listed "Important Notes for FS2004 Users""Second, it appears that on some systems you may get stuttering and flickering in any case, irrespective of the cloud settings.The flickering may even sometimes affect the 2D panel. The cause here seems likely to be an AGP incompatibility in the videodriver or the motherboard AGP minidriver (e.g. the

Guest Erups

>FSUIPC requires render to texture off as documented. Not sure>why anyone would release an add-on incompatible with FSUIPC?Sorry Damian but i can't believe this.FSUIPC has nothing to do with graphics, why should it need any specific option regarding rendering???Can you link exact documentation you mention?

Guest Erups

I have loaded a flightplan, and was enroute when suddenly all the weather changed.I don't know what to report here, is it normal?I believe not, if you tell me what can be usefull next time i can post it.

OK thanks for that!! Now, let me understand correctly: Your first purchase and installation was AS 2004.5 and now installing the update created a new entry on your Start/Programs menu?This is important, as the beta team started with AS2004 as far as I know.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi Glenn,Well honestly it's been quite a while since I have visited this in detail. It does look like the documentation in this area has been revised a bit since I last took notice.I'm not sure what to tell you... I have 3 test systems over here all with different hardware, graphics cards, etc, and none of them have ever worked with wx setting on FS9/FSUIPC with render to texture ON (without flicker). From the feedback I've received the assumption was that everyone experiences the same thing. This coupled with some older documentation (or perhaps my failing memory!) is what prompted my response of the subject and the statement that FSUIPC is not compatible with render to texture on. It appears this statement is incorrect, and apparently applies only to wx setting (only partly incompatible, on some systems?). I am very surprised that you don't get flicker with this option on. What video card?This will need some more investigation. Can anyone please list the add-ons they are aware of that are INCOMPATIBLE with render to texture off? Thanks a bunch!Edit Update:Ok, scratch all that concerning my experiences. I just re-ran a full suite of tests and can confirm I am no longer experiencing flicker on either of my test systems using FSUIPC 3.411, with Render To Texture ON.The last time I tested this specifically was at least 4 months ago. Since then I have had numerous driver updates, and of course we have seen many FSUIPC updates. Also FS9.1 patch, new DirectX revision, and XP SP2. Not sure when the problem corrected itself... My apologies to all for presenting misleading and incorrect information!It does appear at first glance that this is no longer an issue, but I am going to run many more tests over the next few days to confirm. We'll be updating our documentation according to our findings. In the mean time please try running with RENDER TO TEXTURE ON and let me know if you experience any problems with flicker.Anyhow, after all this, the original problem reported here (flicker then all wx clearing) sounds like something completely different. We have one other recent report of wx completely changing instantly (perhaps clearing?), which might be related. Any additional information on this problem (wx clearing, instantly changing, or graphical flickers) would really help... please send to damianc@hifisim.com.Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Claudio,Were you in an area of very few (or no) reporting stations, and it occured during an update? If so this is normal, as local suppression cannot prevent FS from changing local wx in such cases. The solution in these areas is to set suppression altitude above your cruise altitude and/or force global writes.If this doesn't apply, please give us more details including what exactly changed (all wx or just cloud depiction?) and when? During update or no update?, and as Jim mentioned some screenshots would also help. Thank you!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Edwin

Hi Jim,Thanks for the quick response. So let me get this straight: what if I do both import a plan and manually import an altitude? This is what I normally do. I would have expected that any manual input should override the altitude in the flight plan - but that's just my personal opinion.Thanks,Edwin