Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2004.5 Beta Update Now Available - B163

>Hi,>>OK, thanks for that point of view. How about for now opening>this plan with a text editor and changing the cruise altitude>before importing?>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky SupportI think I asked a similar question quite a while ago Jim and now follow your advice, just open the PLN file in Notepad and change the altitude before importing the PLN into AS, takes all of 5 seconds :-)

Hey Damian,I am having one minor problem with Build 163. I am getting instant pressure changes on the descent. For instance today onto KORD reported pressure was 30.43. Well I covered everything from 29.74 to 30.43 and back again when swiching controllers. It has happened a since I put on 163 and I have played with the options in Active sky with no luck. This only happens on the descent, everything on the way up works perfect.So here is my settings, look it over and see if I am missing something.//AS2004.5 configuration file B163[General]WindowPosX = 5160WindowPosY = 5310DefaultWeatherFolder = C:INSTALLDIRModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 2000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 10LocalSuppressionRange = 60MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50LastPlanFolder = DaveC DaveDocuments and SettingsDave1My DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = FalseDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 15VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -6AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

Guest reconmercs

I'm still gettin the same ol...constant gray skies with this update :-( is anyone still workin on this problem?

Damian,Now that you have the software cracked open again, I would really appreciate it if you could change the "error during decompression" from a dialog box than needs clicking to not pause weather updates to an advisory message like we have when the internet connection is unstable (ie. it doesn't stop AS, it just tries again later). I have this decompression error many times now with AS2004.5, and I am fully aware that it is caused by timeouts due to download congestion (I share a 56K dial-up connection across three computers - not my choice as broadband is not available at all in my area!), but I'd rather not have my weather updates held up by something I have little control over. AS never used to pause for such in the past, and I would appreciate a return to former functionality in this regard.Garyedit: it's congestion, not decongestion :)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest patten

Hi,I'm encountering "everytime" (for the flights I made till now)sudden changes from broken to overcast and low visibility near destination apt ,more than before I installed the update to 163 even with FSUIPC 3.44.Several different AS configs don't seem to change this.Pat Dochy

Guest Fjorko

Hey Jim.....Me again !!!!Well, i must admit, and it is really hard to do, but this time around AS is actually worse than it was before Build 163 and the latest .44 FSUIPC updates !I have had a FEW visibility and cloud depiction changes ( all sudden ) and again - nothing smooth - no GRADUAL transitions.I was also sitting on the ground at Heathrow just to do some Ai plane spotting and the coulds in the sky was actually changed with each METAR update every 10 mins !!!! How can that be ? Fisrt i get few Cumulus, then 10 minutes later i get few Stratus and NO cumulus, it all changes just TOO instantaneously - there is nothing gradual at all !!!I know you guys must be as fed up with this as we are, but surely too many of us have been complaining about the sudden visibilty and other changes that still persist.... is there ANYTHING that you guys can do ???Thanks mate !

Hi,You must admit.. but actually we have found that most users have had much better results with B163. None of the problems reported thus far have been able to be reproduced on our end with the exception of a localized area in Australia (fixed pending update) and a problem in the install program groups (cosmetic).Changes instantly on the ground each update? This is normal. If you don't want any changes, please disable Ground Updates.Instant Changes of clouds.. if you can reproduce this, PLEASE send me the wx file, your as2004.ini and the flight plan. damianc@hifisim.com. We have received a few of these reports, but as of yet nobody has supplied us with a test scenario to duplicate.We will do everything possible to fix things when we have the information available. You must realize that most are not having this problem. Until we can duplicate or isolate we have no way of fixing it.I highly recommend that you go back to the non-beta. And please remember in the future, beta versions are just that - beta, and are generally prone to bugs as they have not been tested on a wide scale yet. FWIW we had no open reports of problems like this with FSUIPC 3.40 and B147. 3.40 is included with B147. You might be best off with that combo until we can sort things out for those experiencing such problems on the beta.Thanks for your patience!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi,Constant grey skies? Can you elaborate? Have you tried increasing your max vis?

Damian Clark

Hi Gary yes I will look into this again. Hard to duplicate on my end even with dial-up but I will attempt a test scenario... Please e-mail me, I can send you a test build... damianc@hifisim.com Thanks!

Damian Clark

Guest Fjorko

Hi DamienIt's very difficult to reproduce since it doesn't happen at the same exact time or place, so it's unpredictableThe best thing to do would be to record a flight and show you guys the video, but i do not know how this can be done.Cheers

>AS is actually worse than it was before Build 163 and>the latest .44 FSUIPC updates !As way of beta feedback (and excluding my posts on the cosmetic installer issue and the altitude jumps because of SPECI's with no altimeter setting - which is not just related to the beta) I have not seen any negative functionality compared with the shipping build 147.I have tested this on FS9.1 with both a .41 and .44 FSUIPC (registered version) and have found it to be stable and deliver the expected results. While I have utilised it for multiple airports and regions and for a wide variety of weather conditions within North America, I have mainly been using it to practise for my real world IFR training by pulling in the current weather around Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The weather displayed has always provided a very fair representation of the actual weather outside my window. I have never seen any sudden visibility changes while airborne (though if I do I'll try to identify a reproducible case).In summary ... keep up the good work :-)

AVSimSig.jpg