Wow! For the first time in a long time in fs9, my jaw literally dropped an inch or two when I fired up Active Sky, made one single choice (online mode) and loaded a saved Misty Fjords flight. Also, yesterday morning I drove my son to scool while I passed some unbelievably cool fog, sort of odd spots here and there as if the sky had fallen down. I thought, this is too tough for Active Sky. Not. Same evening, I dowloded that exact time, and it was there ...Two things that I would like to know though:1. Is there an option to tell Active Sky always to download archived weather instead of the current. I didn't find it. Could be without saving a file and showing a dialog box. Just like that, no questions asked. When I use my time-machine the weather follows whereever and whenever the sim is.2. Not Active Sky related: When I selected the time in fs9 for the above described morning it was dark. In the real world it was not. I had to push time ahead one hour to get it right. I live in Norway (GMT+1). Anyone have an idea why?Eagle

Hi there,Thanks for the words!You can download archived wx manually via the "Download" screen, entering the date and time. We have archives for every 6 hours every day (since December 2003).The automated idea is a good one.. Many users have requested similar "synchronization of hourly offline archives based on FS time" and we have been working on it :)FS9's night/dawn/dusk and transition sky sets are triggered by the time... for example at 5:00am it could be dark but at 5:12am the first "dawn" sky will be used. Try moving up the time just a few minutes... but remember the FS9 sky graphics are limited, there are only a few to handle the transition from night to day, it is by no means "smooth".Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

>>The automated idea is a good one.. Many users have requested>similar "synchronization of hourly offline archives based on>FS time" and we have been working on it :)>Thank's for the reply :)Then, in my opinion you have all the data needed

>2. Not Active Sky related: When I selected the time in fs9 for>the above described morning it was dark. In the real world it>was not. I had to push time ahead one hour to get it right. I>live in Norway (GMT+1). Anyone have an idea why?>>EagleHi Eagle,The problem you describe above is a known FS bug. For some reason, Microsoft screwed up the Timezone.bgl back during the FS2002 days and never fixed it, so what happens is as you cross timezones that are not in the USA, GMT advances instaded of the local time, plus the timezones are very inaccurate. When you fly in the USA, it is right because god forbid microsoft screw up the timezones there!!! ;)I use a program called FS Real Time availiable at Avsim that has the new timezone.bgl files for FS2004 that fix the problems with the timezones worldwide, plus it keeps FS in-sync since FS runs slower than real time.Hope this helps!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

And another funny thing. I tried to set the regional settings in MS XP control panel to Norway GMT+1. Result: No water reflections :-eek . The only way to get it is to pretend beeing in USA...Thanks for the .bgl tip, I'll try it out now :).Best,Eagle