Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

Can Damian answer my questions?

Was wondering if Damian can answer the questions I brought up about Force Destination Wx, that Jim couldn't answer. I really would like to get this option working right, If I can be of any help in troubleshooting, I'm available. But I need to know how it is supposed to work, to properly tell you what is not working!Thanks!Rick

Hi Rick,Sorry for the delay...It works like this: When enabled, and flight plan loaded, at any update process (defined by your update interval) will take any station within 300nm of your present position AND within 75 miles of your destination location and force it's wx to that of the destination. The exception is when using local suppression (on by default) if the "cloned" station in question is also suppressed it will only be written the previous wx it last set (if any). So at some point you need to be within 300nm of the station but outside of your suppression range for it to update appropriately. This when using this it is best to use 5 minute update intervals (especially with faster aircraft).Does that explain things properly, and do you note any problems with this? Several changes were made in this department on the last build, so it could very well have some kind of problem. Please feel free to e-mail me damianc@hifisim.com for some one-on-one troubleshooting.Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies