Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyDAVIES

New Build 192 wx problem

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi Guys Further to my trouble with old weather being loaded I tried the following.BTW FS Not running during this test.Emptied file current_wx_snapshot.txtRun Build 174AS wrote to current_wx_snapshot.txtEmptied file current_wx_snapshot.txtRun Build 182AS wrote to current_wx_snapshot.txtEmptied file current_wx_snapshot.txtRun Build 192AS DID NOT WRITE to current_wx_snapshot.txtThis has been the reason for my old wx. 192 never writes to the file, at the start or during updates.Any suggestionsRegardsTony

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi JimYes Build 192 does produce an ASD file AS displays INVALID in the bottom fields and RMK SUPPRESSED in the upper fields One other point, I dont know what was changed with this build from 174 but the download time has become sooo slow.BTW I once managed to get 192 to write to the wx txt file while flying. I closed AS restarted AS and it wrote to the file, but again didnt update.RegardsTony

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi JimAh yes the ASD file, which I believe contains the downloaded data from the server, I have spent the weekend observing how 174 and 182 process and perform after you explained to me the files being writen too etc.I have concluded after my extensive tests and observations that #192 does not write to the current_wx_snapshot.txt file nor does it delete the ASD file after processing finishes. It has once perfomed on startup as the other builds however on a refresh the problem returns#.Having to remove the ASD file manually for AS to update correctly I feel is not a solution to this problem, especially while flying.The other builds are working perfectly therefore I cannot see how it could be my system I believe right or wrong that it is a bug in AS.There is also the download speed issue which I also believe is a build problem and not peoples connections. 192 seems very unstable in that area, one refresh slooooow, 1 minute later fast and also uncommanded updates, after 3 minutes for example when interval is set to 10 mins.These are not complaints concerning AS purely my observations attempting to get the latest build too perform correctly.Oh Well back to build 174, which I am very happy with.Thanks again for your great support.Tony

Guest TonyDAVIES

HiYes Jim after a refresh the ASD file returns and is always there.CheersTony

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi againI have observed that AS creates the file current_wx_snapshot.asd0 bytes and downloads the data from the server into that file, the size varying on the download size. The data is then processed to the MET RAD TXT files. AS then deletes the ASD file when the process is complete and then writes the station wx to fs from the TXT file I presume.This file creation and deletion occurs every time AS performs a refresh and the ASD file is correctly deleted in previous builds after every refresh. 192 does not delete the ASD file after a refresh it remains.Slightly longer replyCheersTony

Hi,I've noticed with me, when I press refresh ,sometimes the weather is not downloaded but just re written from the current download. Also the ACTIVE WX : ******* on the main proggy window, doesn't seem to change anymore. I haven't noticed this anomally beforeGraham

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi GrahamSo I am not the only one with this problem. What you describe is exactly what I initially observed. Check if there is an .ASD file in the activesky folder. This file should be automatically deleted by AS but build 192 seems to be unreliable in that area. It will sometimes delete it after an initial startup but then fails to delete on a wx update refresh, there fore the anomally.This has been observed after a fresh install of AS with 192 Anti virus off no spyware or adware, registry entries correct. A clean system which I only use for FS.I have returned to build 174 until the issue is resolved.CheersTony

Hi,I don't see an .asd file sorry. Just to understand the system, am I correct in saying that if you hit the refresh button . . .it should connect and download new weather each time. ?? It usually doesn't. However i noticed it did once just after I crossed a timeline eg from holland to the UK. Maybe its a time thing. Also I first noticed this when I was using weather from a vatsim session. Do you fly online ?? just wondering if we may have altered a setting or something by flying online.How did you revert to B174, is it just a case of doing an update with the 174 download or does it mean a fresh install, then update.Graham

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi Graham>Just to understand the system, am I correct in saying that if you >hit the refresh button . . .it should connect and download new >weather each time. ??I dont think so. From what I observed when you press refresh AS checks the wx server to see if there is new wx data available. If there is it downloads the new wx, file .asd extension. If there isnt it reads the current wx file.I do fly online graham but on IVAO, also strange we are both UK users who have this problem.BTW I am a regular user of UKRoute, very usefull m8.To revert to 174 you need to uninstall and then reinstall the original AS and then update 174. If you just try to rollback to 174 it doesnt work because the AS2004.EXE file does not get overwritten.CheersTony

Hi all,Ok it seems 2 different problems were reported in this thread, but the 2nd was solved, please correct me if I am wrong?AS only downloads a full new file if the wx information has indeed changed. If you hit refresh and it has been only 10-15 minutes the wx likely has NOT changed and it will simply skip the download (after confirming no updates available from server).For the 1st reported problem, that the wx is not updating...the .ASD file is used temporarily as mentioned, and is deleted the moment the download is complete (at which time it is also decrypted into the current_wx_snapshot.txt file). If it is not deleting then something is preventing the download from completing properly.No error messages? How long does it take for the "download complete" message to appear, if at all? Can you download manually (download button) ?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi DamianAS only downloads a full new file if the wx information has indeed changed. If you hit refresh and it has been only 10-15 minutes the wx likely has NOT changed and it will simply skip the download (after confirming no updates available from server).Yep I can confirm that, well previously I could.A fresh install of AS and 192 has just produced the following result That the download from the server is failing everytime i download. So the ASD file is not deleted as you say nor is the current_wx_snapshot.txt written to.No error messages? Well INVALID in the fields when AS tries to Write station wx which offcourse isnt there.(emptied current_wx_snapshot.txt to prevent old wx being constantly loaded.How long does it take for the "download complete" message to appear, if at all? On initial starup 10 secs. every refresh download after that initial download 2to3K a sec average 2mins10.I have just discovered that if I minimize FS the download returns to fast. Maximize and it becomes slow. 2.5Ghz machine 1gig RAM 5900XT.Can you download manually (download button) ?AS states current wx is cached.As I have previously stated the other builds work perfectly the download decrypting and deletion of the ASD file being very fast, seconds. So I dont now if this is relevant to you but I will throw it into the pot so to speak. The PC loaded with FS and AS is networked to a main machine and shares its internet connection.Hope this HelpsLive long and prosperTony:-sun1