Hi Everyone,I wanted to share a few screenshots of the amazing ASV! You guys are going to love it!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118912.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118913.txthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118914.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118915.jpgThese were taken over Jamaica. Enjoy.Paul ( SPIM )edit ooops... I made a mistake with one of the pics...will post below

Looks good! :)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Yeah, I'm definitely seeing some new cloud forms. I'm looking forward to some new randoms. I have your DXT clouds installed right now, so hopefully my FPS will still be okay. The choices make it appear as though the lower impact clouds can be selected. I'm looking at the screen for that right now. What clouds will be the closest to what I'm running now? 256 w/mip maps?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi Chris,Depend on which DXT resolution...probably the lowest available 64x64, it will be 64x64 in asv same performance.The screenshots are all 512x512 32 bits with mips. 256x256 have better performance and almost not noticable visual decrease.In the release, there is no DXT clouds available, they are all 32 bits, but if you want DXT I will give a bat files command, they will convert all clouds to DXT for 3 resolution.There is another batch of 50 shots is coming at the bottom of the links.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I'm using the clouds from HIFPS_Clouds, and I picked the DXT simply because it's what everyone says give better performance. I'll try the 32-bit clouds. I get that irritating panel flicker sometimes, so I'd like to be able to turn 'render to texture' off and see what happens. Don't know if that'll effect anything else in the sim though with aircraft add ons. I'll try the 256 w/mips first and see how it goes. No worries, it'll take some time to mess with. Unfortunately, I'm heading out of town for a week Saturday, so I'm sure ASV will be released during the time I can't play, LOL

- Chris

Guest flight

From these shots I really don't notice any difference...in fact, what I'm getting right now looks better! And the frame rates right now are just fine. Hopefully there's more to ASV than what these pics show. I'd hate to reduce my framerates and end up with no significant visual detail. And aren't DXT more the future than 32bit? So why 32bit and not DXT?

Hi C.S. Lewis,The shots are at the bottom of the page, you will have to notice real clouds never look the same on condition and others factor.http://www.hifisim.com/activesky5.htmThe problems with dxt format, these can cause problems, CTD, flickering Panel, and reduced performance with some system spec. The worst thing is cirrus with DXT, they look completly pixel and not acceptable at all for visual. In Msfs fs2004, by default are not designed to be used with DXT.Thedifference DXT and 32 bits. DXT is reduced in image quality and have lower size on the files, it is not true DXT will increase performance on all system. 32 bit can preserve quality and get lower size on the file with a reduced resolution 512x512, 256x256, 64x64, and prevent background issue from many users.-With Update We can include a bat files to convert all to DXT.As for the clouds you don't see difference because from screenshots there is many repeated from the same set, details are gone with the jpg compression (blur the image). In flight you will see difference. You will have to take care, the clouds formation in fs2004, can have better clouds visual than others, like few, scattered and broken, thunderstorm etc, there is near 30 type in Msfs, clouds will looks differents. All our beta tester use asv clouds and sky, the possibility are endless, from clean air sky to polluted air, these change the clouds looking, as well there is variation for the thickness and edge type. Ps: You can always use any clouds.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Not sure what he's not seeing. I see several new cloud formations and shapes I never see. Overall, it does look better. Not to mention the features you don't see, but feel, like the thermals. Also, the personalization of the weather and environment.

- Chris

Hi,Yes, as Chris said, these were all taken from the same set, I was just having fun, flying with some beautiful clouds and skies and I wanted to share. On the preview site you may be able to get a better idea of the differences.There really are so many different textures to choose from, or let ASV choose for you, either via the intellegent cloud selection ICS, or random selections or pre set themes.This really is a big step up from AS2004 with Skyworld.Cheers,Paul

Guest flight

Chris Orlaam,It's not what I didn't see. It's what I saw. I think the pics are great. Just that I don't see anything visually better than what I just got today from AS2004.5 and Chris' clouds from FS Skyworld during several flights. See attached pics.

Hi C.S Lewis,It is ok if you like active sky4.5 and fs sky world, but asv is not the same, fs sky world is based on few texture and not connected with active sky4.5. Asv render the cloud formation different then Active sky4.5. Specialy the update to ASVAE after the release, new feature and things will be added which I told damian to implement same thing in my side.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi!Have you checked out the screenshot gallery here: http://www.hifisim.com/activesky5.htm ? It's hard to give a general impression of the different variety and new visuals you will see with ASV, especially in only a few shots. The gallery has dozens of shots so it helps a little to get a better idea.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest pilot_guru

NICE pics Paul, very nice!!ASV sure beats the #### out of AS2004 - totally wicked!!Always thought AS2004 was awesome - that is until ASV poked its head up - there is just no comparison between the two - ASV is miles ahead.Hope you post some more screens Paul - it is a real pleasure looking at them, feels almost like I am sitting in a plane along side yours, looking out.Great stuff!!