Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Slow download of online weather?

Well, have only done this short flight yesterday so I guess it's a bit early to tell for sure but I will do more flight the next coming days and see what I find regarding this issue.

Richard Åsberg

Sir,Sorry to add to the pain, but now I'm confused. From the manual and other threads, I thought that all texure loading that was associated with AE & ICS had to be done before FS9 was loaded, with the exception of the cirrus which can be done on the fly.Brad

Jim,Of course there are some different ways around these problems, but would it be very hard for you to change ASV (or add another option) so that the randomly chosen textures picked and submitted by the ICS + random mode would be processed before ASV is paused?Then the textures could be chosen and picked by the ICS + random mode before ASV is paused and FS is started. You could then fire up FS and when your fligh is loaded, the correct textures are already submitted to FS and ASV will get it's 'FS Ready' signal indicating it's time to start downloading and processing the weather data. That would be a very neat procedure to start everything up and still take advantage of all the great features in ASV!1. Start ASV (automatically picking and submitting textures to FS)2. Start FS (setting up your flight...and everything (both randomly chosen textures and the correct local weather) will be in place)What do you think?

Richard Åsberg

OK web!Try this:Start ASV in paused modeGo to AE and hit the random button.Click on the Update buttons of the columns you wish to update.Click on the submit button.Start FS04Go to your destination airportHit Refresh in ASV.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guess you will never let me buy another product from you again after this ;-)Like I said in my previous post, I know the same result can be achieved in other ways like the one you described here. But if you compare the method I suggested with two simple steps to yours consisting of 6 steps to achieve the same result I end up with my original question - wouldn't it be quite a simple thing for you guys to have ASV pick and submit the textures before it pauses or maybe add another option for it so you can choose how you want it yourself? After all, having an option to have lots of things happen automatically for you is always very nice! You already went down that road with the ICS and random startup modes - I mean that's the whole idea of it right? Only that it doesn't work 100% the way it's implemented now - you must choose between having the textures picked and submitted automatically for you or to have the correct local weather from start...you can't have both as it is now without a number of manual steps first.Maybe I'm the only one, but I think that would make an already impressive add-on even greater! When looking at the threads in here, most posts have been about how stunning everything look and it really does! But equally many posts have discussed the startup routines, in which order to do what etc etc and I think that tells something don't you? With the method I suggest, there would be only 2 very simple steps to achieve everything including randomly picked textures and correct local weather - just fire up ASV and then FS and as soon as you've loaded your flight you're ready to go with both textures and correct weather! And all it would take is that ASV picks and submits the textures BEFORE it pauses.Have the feeling we won't get any further on this topic, but at least give it some though.All the best,

Richard Åsberg