Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

ASV6 performance question/possible problem

OK, I ran AS 2004.5 & ASV and both ran well with neither usually adding much load to my system beyond what would be expected for clouds and the weather being depicted. I have a pretty decent system (P4 3.4HT, x800xt 256MB PCI-e, RAID 0 array) and have my FPS set to 30 as the upper limit. Normally I would get high 20s - 30 FPS. After upgrading to ASV6, I seem to take an immediate 10 - 15 fps hit the minute I load it. I can run lots of clouds with broken and overcast ceilings and rain with the default weather, and I still get very high fps in the upper 20s to near 30 fps. All I have to do is start up ASV6 and fps not only drop on average, but seem to wildly fluctuate from high 20s down to single digits. I have tried various video drivers and AA & AF settings, lower resolution clouds (256 bit)from various sources including AS Graphics, but in each case, just starting ASV6 and loading real time weather seems to instantly hit fps. I'm not blaming ASV6, since I know it could be other things, but I've tried a lot of trial and error to isolate it, and it's the only constant that keeps coming up. Any thoughts? Thanks.

HI Neil,Could you told me if you are using the option of Auto submit or not? There is couple of post reported without any clear information or reply yet, those can be all different related, we have to know the exact setting with or without auto submit enabled in ASV option and if it's in full mode or windowed mode.Try this:Run Fs2004 Full screen with Auto submit enabled.Run Fs2004 Full screen without Auto submit enabled.Run Fs2004 in windowed mode with Auto submit enabled.Run Fs2004 in windowed mode without Auto submit enabled.Let's me know the result.ThanksChris Willishttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Chris,I was using auto submit and WX influenced clouds with full screen at 1600x1200x32. I'll run the tests that you asked later today and get back. Thanks for your help.Neil

Guest tstewart63

Same here running in windowed mode with auto summit. Non auto summit only get slight fps loss when weather updates. This is on an Amd X2 4800 with an x1800xt video card. I do not use auto summit due to this problem. Never tried in full screen.