Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kiwi75

Once again.... LGAV

Guest Kiwi75

Hello,I need to bring an issue again with LGAV. I've checked previous messages and experimented with various stuff, but I still have problems with that particular airport.The issue is, that the runways in use most of the times do not agree with the wind conditions. I'm talking about obvious conditions where e.g. with a 03012 wind, the rwy in use is 21L/R. The most recent example is in the last days where the area is very windy with strong northern winds up to 20G34 knots but I still get rwy in use 21L/R.I'm using ASv6 with the latest update, and haven't touched any airports or wx_stations txt files. I also confirmed that the winds shown in the METAR are the actual ones in FS.This problem applies to various conditions, i.e.a) Departing from LGAV with AI refreshed:( Departing from LGAV with or without a processed flight plan in ASc) Arriving at LGAVI've checked the airport afcad file and found nothing wrong there. I'm also aware of the fact that FS reads LGAT as a station referred to LGAV, but I was wondering (since there are other stations near like LGTT, LGEL, LGKN etc) if these stations (incl. LGAT) influence the actual weather conditions at LGAV which in turn influence the choice of rwy from ATC.Thanks in advance

Guest Kiwi75

If the winds are 030 (NNE), the runway should be 03 for headwind t/o and landings... Uhm, unless I'm missing something (seriously) :)

Jim,With 030 degres winds rnw 03L/R are in use otherwise your are going to have a nasty tailwind for landing :).Apart from that wiht AS6 and latest updates LGAV is all wrong.With teh following metar todayLGAV 081220Z 33013KT 9999 FEW018 05/M06 Q1010 NOSIGActual QNH at FS was 1012 (This always happens at LGAV and only at LGAV QNH NEVER agrees with the reported of AS)There seems to be a "black hole" around LGAV. Approaching from East taday I gor nice weather up until LGSO (LGSO 081200Z 35016KT 9999 SCT015 OVC020 05/00 Q1008) Approaching LGAV weather cleared and although few at 1800 were reported there were nothing like that around the airpot. In the distance I could see nice clouds as reported from the stations, LGEL, LGSO etc.I have tweaked the airpot list so that it gets metar from LGAV and not mention LGAT anywhere, but the problems were there even before that.Attached my ini file. All these are happening ONLY at LGAV no other station.Any help would be appriciated since LGAV is the capital airport in Greece.//ASv6 configuration file Build 464[General]WindowPosX = 1920WindowPosY = 1275DefaultWeatherFolder = C:FSProgramsAS6ModulesASv6SuppressionCeiling = 6000SurfaceWindLimit = 10FS9Path = Z:PersonalAppDataFolder = C:Documents and SettingsChrisApplication DataCloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 200MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 40LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsChrisMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesAutoVasFrequency = 30AutoVasStrength = 30TurbulenceFrequency = DefaultStartupLocation = LGAVDefaultGraphicsFullTheme = Wx-InfluencedDefaultGraphicsCirrusTheme = Wx-InfluencedAutoSubmitGraphicsTheme = TrueIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForcePrimaryServer = FalseForceSecondaryServer = FalseFavorCumulus = FalseForceRoutePressure = FalseForceLowestCeiling = FalseUnpauseOnReadyStatus = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoSetFSTime = TrueIgnoreFSLocationUntilReady = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueAutoRefreshAI = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceRouteAloftTemp = FalseOfflinePlayback = FalseEnableVAS = FalseAutoGenVAS = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = TrueFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 2AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0MaxCloudThickness = 10000MinStratusSeparation = 7000TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEChris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I had the same problem a few days ago....A trip from CYUL(Montreal) to LGAV....No LGAV metar until I get about 30nm from the airports...FSRadar stated that it was non available...And I'v seen this LGAT when I was trying to refresh....Alain

Alain,The LGAT you were seeing is somehow correct, because LGAV was not in the default FS airport list Damin used the nearby LGAT which replace LGAV as a station ID. Although you are getting LGAT as an ID the weather is that of LGAV...Maybe the problems is somewhere thereChris

Chris Makris

Hi All,Please igore my answer from this morning! It was one of those sleepy, in a rush, out the door, before work, moments.This has been an issue since the one airport closed since FS04 was released. We use the database from FS04, which now doesn't match up with the real-world data feeds.I thought the solution was to delete the closed airport from the airport.txt file in your ASv6 folder.Can anyone/everyone try this and report back?Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Jim,I have done that but the problems still exist. As I wrote the problem is there with or without LGAT being in list.Chris

Chris Makris

Guest Kiwi75

Yeap,I have tried it too without LGAT listed. Also in the past (when using ASV), Damian advised to keep LGAT in the txt files anyway.

Hello,I have tryied the following in the txt and it seemed to be working Complete Airport listLGAT,037.905,023.724,68LGAV,037.936,023.945,308Wx Station ListLGAT,37.896,23.728,20,2.9LGAV,37.936,23.945,90,3.0Chris

Chris Makris

Guest Kiwi75

Thanks,I'll give it a try. Do you get proper QNH readings and weather as stated in METAR?

Kostas,Yes I am getting correct QNH and weather data with the above metioned data. I will try it more during the weekend but fingers crossed it will work every time :)Chris Makris

Chris Makris

Hi Kostas,I'll investigate this. It sounds like another station is indeed influencing the winds. There is no LGAV FS9 station so you're going to get influence from LGAT (which is fetched from ICAO LGAV ID) and any other nearby station... in this case LGEL seems to be the only one with an actual ICAO METAR fetch, and quickly checking the latest METARs does indicate quite a different wind scenario between LGAV and LGEL. So this at the moment looks like normal behavior that cannot be solved at this time but I will investigate further today and see if there are any depiction issues within the sim at LGAV.In the future we will be adding many more stations and this kind of coverage problem will be eliminated...Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Kiwi75

Thanks Damian,It would be really nice to have proper weather in LGAV as it is a main airport which I'd guess many people use.

In the future we will be adding many more stations and this kind of coverage problem will be eliminated...Best,
Damian just a follow up from 2006 !Before I purchase the new version I just wanted to ask wether there were any changes done for the above in the new version ?Also did you eventually manage to add the rest of Greece (LGxx) METAR's that are not published in NOAA in Active Sky ?The www.hnms.gr web server is much faster nowadays and you can quickly fish out the METAR's that are published there and not NOAA.Below you'll find a list of links to the non NOAA published METAR's that would be really useful in AS. http://hellasga.com/metars.htmlRegards

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440