Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kelm

Problem with SimConnect and ASX

Guest Kelm

Hi,I have just bought ASX & AGbundle. I have a problem when i start ASX, each time i have this error message.Simconnect (SP1 version) was not able to be loaded...this is required for operation with FSX. ASX will continue to operate but will not update FSX weather. See the documentation for more information about SimConnect.I use a French FSX edition, without any addons installed and updated with SP1. (I have not installed the SDK)Pierre Antoine

Guest Chris1973

Same error here.Brandnew installed FSX with SP1, US Deluxe Version.No add-ons, no tweaks, no SDK installed.

Hello,Sorry you two are having trouble. We have an idea what may be causing this, related to .NET 2.0 not being installed when FSX or SP1 was installed, and the managed SimConnect files not properly installed.To fix this, please try uninstalling SP1 via add/remove programs (check the box at top to show updates). Do not remove FSX, just the SP1 update. Then reinstall SP1. SimConnect should now be installed.Can you give this a try and let us know?Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Kelm

Hello,Thanks a lot for your help. I had made this, and now i can load ASX without any problem.

Guest Chris1973

Hello Damian,that solved the problem for me, definitely worth an entry in the FAQ section.Thank you very much for your fast support!Best regards,Chris.

Thanks for confirming guys,This has been added to the FAQ.Best,

Damian Clark

>Hello,>>Sorry you two are having trouble. We have an idea what may be>causing this, related to .NET 2.0 not being installed when FSX>or SP1 was installed, and the managed SimConnect files not>properly installed.>>To fix this, please try uninstalling SP1 via add/remove>programs (check the box at top to show updates). Do not>remove FSX, just the SP1 update. Then reinstall SP1. >SimConnect should now be installed.>>Can you give this a try and let us know?>>Thanks!> Because of CTD's when changing views after installing SP1 it took me three reinstalls of FSX to get it to run properly so the thought of possibly having to remove SP1 and reinstalling on top of my current FSX has caused me rethink buying ASX.I am currently showing NET 2.0 in my Add/Remove program list so should I be ok? Is there any test I can run to verify that SimConnect is working properly before buying?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Hi,If .NET 2.0 was installed when FSX and SP1 were installed you should be fine.If not, you will need to perform this uninstall/reinstall so your SimConnect will be properly updated. While we may be the first add-on to depend on it, there will be many more soon. It is highly recommended to have a proper SP1 + SimConnect installation.Best,

Damian Clark

I had both .NET 2.0 and SP1 installed and still get this message..I Installed .NET 2.0 before I installed FSX at all.So what is the problem then?

Hi,In your case it may not be the .NET, there may be another simconnect issue. Does reinstalling SP1 cure this? We are actively investigating... Thanks for any information!

Damian Clark

It did help to re-install the SP1 like mentioned above. I was though reluctant to do so as I was a bit concerned that it would mess up my FSX-installation. But, everything is working fine here now, and #### ASX is awesome!!

Guest triangle

Not sure if this helps but uninstalls of MSFSX are not always complete and SimConnect folders get left behind (which rresults in multiple folders building up). This killed my TrackIR for awhile until Vince at NaturalPoint provided advice to delete all the SimConnect folders, conduct a repair and then repatch to SP1 - this fixed my TrackIR problem.Andrew