Sign in to follow this  
JimBob

Taxiway lights

Hi folksWhilst taxying out for take-off on a night flight I noticed that the taxiway lights were reasonably bright on a side-view or virtual cockpit but very faint on the normal cockpit view. Does anyone know how I can make them brighter? I guesss it somewhere in the config files but my search was fruitless!Thanks for any help.Regards, Andrew (EGNX)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Andrew,From what I've been able to determine, the reason that the lights are dimmer in the normal cockpit front (2d) exterior view is that it is a compressed window, as opposed to the full screen view of the side and VC views.To get an idea of what I'm rambling about (and when you see it, it will make perfect sense) just do this:1. Go to your 2d front cockpit view and right-click on the outside view.2. Select "Undock"3. Make the new undocked window full-screen.You'll see that the lights are much brighter.I don't know if there is a setting that can make the 2d cockpit view's lights brighter...I only know why it is happening. :(Regards,Steve Dra