Sign in to follow this  
hladamjr

ASX/XGraphics Network install

Quick question If I have ASX installed on a client PC does it matter if I install X Graphics on the server or the client PC. What I am getting at is that my FSX PC ( server) is much faster than my client PC I have ASX installed on the client. Am iI ok with X Graphics being on the FSX PC and am I getting the weather infuenced Graphics from the client PC.ThankHank

Hi Hank,It works either way...Here's some advantages in each setup:On FSX PC:-Faster installation/file copy of texturesOn Client PC:-ASX can launch XG for wx-influenced texture installsEither way everything is fully functional though...Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Great !!!! Thanks Damian for the quick response. The reson I ask is that With ASX up and running on the client PC and X Graphics up and running on the server ASX says there is no X Graphics installed on the PC ( Which there isn't since it's on the server) I can't laucnh X GRaphics from the client but it does appear to have the Launch ( or enable) weather influenced Graphics button available on the server versio of X Graphics. I never was asked for a location of X Graphgics when installing ASX on the client which is really what makes me ask if it mattered.Thanks again for being #1 in both Aviation Simulation Add-ons and continued Worldwide support you guys provide for your line of products.Hank Adam

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi AdamASX can only launch X Graphics for Wx Influenced texture installation if X Graphics is on the same machine as ASX. Basically you cannot launch a program over a network.X Graphics can still install Wx Influenced textures as the data required for selection is on the FSX machine and can we accessed by X Graphics from any location (even across a network).So basically functionality of both software applications is as follows:1. Both ASX and X Graphics on same machine - ASX can start X Graphics to automatically install Wx Influenced textures.2. ASX and X Graphics on seperate machines - ASX writes Wx Data to FSX machine but cannot start X Graphics. X Graphics manually started and reads the ASX Wx data and installs Wx Influenced textures.Hope this helpsRegardsCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg