Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mauleflyer

Fatal Error

Guest Mauleflyer

I have been having fatal errors causing FSX to freeze and crash. I believe it is due to ASX since this problem has not happened before. I have SP1 installed and it has been installed before installing ASX. I shut off Auto protect on Norton thinging that was it but it still occurred. I am flying mainly in the Philadelphia area. It doesn't happen right away sometimes as much as 20 minutes or more into the flight.Help!

I have been experiencing errors as well but at different times. Although I originally didn't think it had something to do with ASX, I am starting to wonder. If I start ASX first and the FSX, I usually get the error. If I start FSX first and the ASX, ASX tells me it needs to update the database.Here is what I posed in the hardware forum:In the last couple days I have gotten this error a couple times. It does not happen every time I start FS. It has only happened since I installed ASX and XG but I have no indication that that is the problem.Within 5 seconds of hitting the FSX icon, I get the flash screen and a error message stating:"DirectX diagnostic tool had encounter a problem and needs to close."When you click ok, don't send it tells you that is a fatal error and FSX shuts down.I went in to DXdiag and it mentioned that I had a direct 3d error recently and it asked me if I wanted to skip that step, I said no. When I did the direct 3d test the cube was spinning much faster than I recall - so fast it was a blur.Any ideas?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi All,We would like to know if this happens if you don't run ASX. As many of you know, behavior such as this can happen for a number of reasons and we would like to see if ASX is the cause.Other areas to look at:video driversscenery errorsheat build up in your casea failing power supplydirect XThanks for any additional information!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest garyw2005

Jim,It does happen when I run ASX. When I run Xgraphics and start FSX in that main menu everything works fine.Now I know you have pointed me to the "That file msvcr80.dll is a file that is a part of .NET2.0.". I've deleted .NET2.0 and reinstalled it and still the problem happens.I've updated my graphic drivers. I'm in the process to upgrade the power supply, motherboard and the another faster Dual Core processor.After all this if ASX continues to not work and crash FSX, I'll send the cd's back to you.This may only be happening to a few of us, but it's happening and we need help or guidance.Gary

Guest garyw2005

Hi Jim,No. Today I started Xgraphics, then FSX. I flew a mission from LA to Honolulu without incident.Gary

Guest garyw2005

Hi Jim,After a hour or so I get this:AppName: FSX.exeApp Ver: 10.0.61.355.0App Stamp: 4643ee0aMod Name: msvcr80.dllMod Ver: 8.0.50727.163Mod Stamp: 44849dd9Fdebug: 00014950I get this everytime I use ASX. When I don't use ASX, FSX runs smoothly. I know that msvcr80.dll is a .Net2.0 file, but I can't explain why ASX would make FSX bomb out. I have deleted .NET2.0 and re-installed it but to no avail. GaryBTW, I have no other apps or scenery installed at this time to try and eliminate as many possibilities as possible.

Guest garyw2005

Hi Jim,It's called Avast.Gary

Guest garyw2005

Hi Jim,Well next week we'll be upgrading to Vista, plus a new motherboard. Let's hope this fixes the problem.Gary

Guest Mauleflyer

Sorry I have been away. I have the same error as Gary. I don't know what this Net2.0 is so maybe with some info I can try it. However, I flew tonight out of PHL to KLGA. Running both ASX and GraphicX. Crashed immediately, other times it takes longer. I restarted everything and made the flight ok (fist time)but I did get a long pause at one point where I thought it crashed but it made it through it. I have a fairly robust system and do not have a lot of junk installed only Ult Traffic. Never has issues like this before. I am running Norton anti virus.Help I feel like a Beta Tester.

Hi,.NET is a program from Microsoft. 2.0 is its version number.What error message are you getting?If we can't duplicate this and if only a few users are getting this, then yes, we need your help in trying to solve it!You may need to uninstall .NET and reinstall it with Norton turned Off.Thanks, Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest Mauleflyer

As noted in my last post I am getting the same error as Gary posted except in the Mod Ver and Mod Stamp (what ever that is). See below:AppName: FSX.exeApp Ver: 10.0.61.355.0App Stamp: 4643ee0aMod Name: msvcr80.dllMod Ver: 8.0.50727.42Mod Stamp: 4333a455Fdebug: 00014950