Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mauleflyer

Fatal Error

It requires disk 1 of your FSX to uninstall and reinstall SP1.Just put your Disk 1 in the drive before you uninstall and it will work OK or put the disk in when the message to insert FSX disk 1 appears.I thought I had fixed it also dut still get CTD in the dublin area. I had an imported afcad file from FS9 for Dublin airport cause the default one has problems with aircraft getting stuck on rwy28. I removed it to test and havent had a CTD at EIDW since. Was also getting CTD's in the Sydney area but as i have made no modifications there havent got a clue as to why, however I have read that a problem Afcad can cause problems thousands of miles away.Regards

Guest Dave65

Hi all,sorry to add to this problem,I just purchases the bundle also,if I use the X Graphics,I get to about take off time and it locks up,then crashes,I get a message saying FSX needs to close,sorry for the inconvenience,it has a check mark if you want to restart FSX,but if I leave the X Graphics off and just use the ActiveSky X I seem to have no problems.Happens no matter what airport..

Guest Blodhemn

>It requires disk 1 of your FSX to uninstall and reinstall>SP1.>>Just put your Disk 1 in the drive before you uninstall and it>will work OK or put the disk in when the message to insert FSX>disk 1 appears.>>I thought I had fixed it also dut still get CTD in the dublin>area. I had an imported afcad file from FS9 for Dublin airport>cause the default one has problems with aircraft getting stuck>on rwy28. I removed it to test and havent had a CTD at EIDW>since. Was also getting CTD's in the Sydney area but as i have>made no modifications there havent got a clue as to why,>however I have read that a problem Afcad can cause problems>thousands of miles away.>>>Regards>Did as you said, it worked, well it un-installed SP1 and i re-installed it. But im still getting the CTD. Im so annoyed now, as i cannot do any decent flights, if im on for more than 20-30 mins it locks and CTD.Its been like this since i bought the bundle. FSX never once crashed before :(I did try some things that support asked me to do, and I thought we had cracked it. But it was simply down to me not having time to get on flight sim. Now im back to do lots of flying the CTDs are still there.

hiUninstall X graphics and just run ASX and see if it still crashes.I dont have Xgraphics so cant really comment on that.Also run FSX without running ASX clear all weather then add some user defined weather and see if it still crashes.Test with the same flight that previously crashed.FSX is extremely unreliable with SP1 installed but I think it needs to be installed for most addons to work. I think everyone is waiting for microsoft to address these crashing problems,at the moment there very silent.Hope there working on a fix.Also do like me and remove any modified afcads if you have any,it definately stopped my Dublin problems.Im in the same boat as you as I think i have solved it then it crashes again,its very frustrating.Regards

Guest Dave65

It crashes no matter how I start it.I uninstalled X Graphics and everything is fine with just the ASX running,I am not to concerned I know they will get it worked out..

Hi Davie, "but if I leave the X Graphics off "You don't need to leave open X Graphics interface when active skyFSX is running, texture are still and will still installed in FSX and X Graphics interface can't be used when FSX is running, be sure x graphics interface is closed before FSX is launch.ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Dave65

I am pretty sure it closes on its own after you hit start FSX button don't it?

Guest Blodhemn

I never leave X Graphics running. In fact only time i ran it was when i installed it, as ASX has an option to install X Graphics relevent to the wx. So i just run ASX, import my preplanned flightplan, then it asks if i want X Graphics to install wx influenced graphics, i click yes, then once all that is done, I then start FSX.Got to the point where i was so frustrated with constant CTDs, i completely removed FSX & all add ons.Spent a lot of time last yesterday re-installing it all. Got to ASX & X Graphics and could not find my #### keys, so wrote to Damien to ask how i retrieve them again. Did a long flight last night with no ASX or X Graphics, no CTD so far. Hopefully get my keys sorted today and then can test again.my fingers are crossed!!!

Guest Dave65

Guess what I did the same thing and it worked,went from KMEM to KFNT with no problems...Thanks:)

Guest garyw2005

Jim,Well my computer transformation is complete. I upgraded the motherboard, and upgraded to Vista. Everything works fine now.The programs have been running continously since Sunday (22 Jul 07) and has not skipped a beat.Gary

Guest Dave65

If I start X graphics first and load a theme and shut it down it fails me everytime,but if I start it through ASX then it runs fine.