Sign in to follow this  
Guest pisolabe

ASX not updating FSX weather

Sorry to dig up an old(ish) thread, but I've just started having a similar problem. My weather is not updating in FSX. However, the "Lock to FSX Position" is recignizing my aircraft position in FSX. I did install AFX, which I understand can create some communications problems between FSX and ASX, but I have done several FSX sessions since installing AFX where the ASX weather worked perfectly. I haven't changed anything in my set-up since I last succesfully ran ASX.Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I was planning a flight from Gatwick (EGKK) to Halifax, Canada (CYHZ). I checked various stations along the somewhat lengthy route and all had no weather loaded.Afterward. I restarted my computer, and planned a shorter flight from Halifax CYHZ to St. John's CYYT. The weather eventually did load but took significantly longer than normal. Normally I will start ASX, then start FSX, and by the time I'm ready to fly the weather is ready to go too. This time, I waited maybe 5-10 minutes longer.Then, once I was flying, approaching St. John's, the weather changed, even though I do not have automatic weather downloads available. The weather at St. John's (according to ATIS) shifted enough that the active runway changed while I was about 40nm out (from runway 11 to runway 16, both ILS appraches).Thanks,Dave

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi Jim, I don't recall seeing any off-hand, but I'll run some tests again and see if anything pops up. I'm off for my short honeymoon tomorrow so I'll report back later this week once I'm back.

Dave

Guest penguin44

I am actually having the same issue. ASX see's where i am, loads the initial weather on startup, however, from that point on the weather remains static. I have download every 10 mintues checked, and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Hi,Feel free to start a new thread next time. It is OK for now!Can you tell if ASX downloads every 10 minutes? On the Map screen does your plane move along? On the Briefing screen do your stations change. In FSX is weather set to User Defined? Have you tried a uninstall-reinstall of ASX? Are you using B1083?Please let us know.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest penguin44

Sorry, I meant to put all that in before. FSX is user defined, I have done a complete wipe and re-install and I am using 1083. Now, the map does change with the movement of my plane, the briefing screen I don't believe changes stations. I did encounter one odd thing today as well, the map in ASX and the xgauge ingame map moved but they were like 4 nav points behind where i actually was.I do not have any other 3rd party add ons. This is the only one. I reloaded net 2 and sp1 etc as per the standard guidelines. Still giving me the same. Initial weather loads, now I can see by the logs that the weather is downloading every 10 minutes or so and says it's completed putting it into fsx but my weather does not change.

Hi,Just a suggestion, since I had something simulair this week when I installed ASX, although on a slaved PC. My weather wouldn't update along route--and changing airports without closing and restarting FSX would not provide me with any weather at all.In my case, I'm sure it's related to a user install error. After checking the ASX logfile, I found out that ASX couldn't find a file. So I checked the ASX registry entries, with guidance of the online manual-- and surely enough only one of the three nessecary entries was created. Again, I'm sure it's an error on my side that caused this to happen. Manually adding the two other registry entries solved my problem perfectly and provides me with weather and updates.Not saying that users that seek for help here have simulair problems with simulair solutions, but before all I would advise to check the ASX registry entries. Info and instructions can be found in the ASX manual.Hope this info can be of some help.Regards,Gert

Guest penguin44

As far as I can see, the answer would be no. I noticed it only changed when I manually tabbed out of fsx into asx and then checked. It would then take a moment and then it would change. Weird. E.g. Flying from cyyz to klas, over denver I still have the cyyz weather. Going into asx, clicking the briefing still shows me at cyyz. If I go into map and then back into brief, it sometimes will update to the nearest weather station.

Guest penguin44

As I mentioned above, I am using 1083 and yes, the lock to FS position works fine. My other question is, forgive me, if I use let's say June 1,2007 in FSX...will asx use today's weather?