Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Flight Environment & AS 6.5

Hi, just curious to know how many of you use Ative sky 6.5 with FS9 and with Flight Environment. Is Flight Env a good product? I love AS 6.5 and its cloud and sky textures, will Flight Environment really make it look that much better? Just curious to know what you all think about it.Thanks,Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well I can answer one of your questions. FE is amazing. Sunrises and sunsets are spectacular. I sit there with my mouth agape, drool running down my chin, stunned at the beauty that is FE. Okay, maybe I close my mouth before I drool, but it's hard to overstate how gorgeous the sky can be with FE. Day and night textures are also incredible and the default water textures are much improved. There are hundreds of combinations of sky, water, and cloud textures. It's highly customizable and very easy to use. I've taken hundred of screen shots since getting it. Some of the textures may be over the top for some, but it's easy to tone them down to your liking. The only downside is that it completely distracts me from flying. I cannot, however, compare it to AS as I don't have AS yet.