Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How can I get these clouds to stay as they are?

Hello Jim. Here I am bothering you with another question!So, so many times, when AS6 loads up the weather I at first get some very impressive looking clouds - as in the first screenshot. 99% of the time, after half a minute or so, they all then disappear, ending up with the much more boring shot in pic no.2.I imagine this has to do with the visibility distance. But is there anything I can do to encourage cloud sets like in No.1 to remain, rather than nearly always being washed out to the result in No.2? I am loading weather offline, from a large collection of downloaded dat files (one for each day of the year).Thanks for the advice, as ever,Martin

Hi,You can limit minimum visibility here in options to prevent depiction of reported visibility (i.e. 10SM minimum). You may also want to use custom weather via the Wx Configurator instead of using "real world" weather, as what you are experiencing is realistic low vis per the reported conditions.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

"You can limit minimum visibility here in options to prevent depiction of reported visibility"...Clearly, I must be going either blind or stupid (or both): now I look again at the options screen, the option to specify a minimum visibility is staring me in the face. I'll try with 5nm and see how it goes: it'll be nice to see a bit more of my addon scenery in future!Thanks for the reply.Martin