I've been running FSX for quite some time now with absolutely no issues. Within about the last two weeks I have began to experience random CTD's (fatal errors). The fatal errors are also random in nature it could be api.dll, simconnect.dll, ntdll.dll and mscvr80.dll (the majority have been api.dll).The only programs I added prior to experiencing these issues are GEX and a registered FSUIPC.I've been pulling my hair out trying to track this down. The reason I am posting here is tonight when FSX again crashed I took a look at the ASX log file at the time of the crash there is this entry:20:06:18: Problem receiving SimConnect data: Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000020D(Error) Source = Followed by this entry (which FSX crashing to desktop):20:06:18: FSX connection closedIs it possible that something is wrong with simconnect? I started to think about the crashes and when they occur and they only seem to be happening when I am using real world weather (wether it be through ASX or FSX). Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jim,Thanks for the quick reply. Am I going to have to reinstall from the ground up or may a repair install do the trick?? Also, If I create a SimConnect.ini file to generate a simconnect log file will I receive additonal data that may point to the cause?Happy Holidays to you as well,Bob

I'm running FSX with Acceleration installed. Should I try a reinstall of Acceleration?

Hi,The log messages indicated are quite normal.First SimConnect stops responding (due to FSX CTD) and an exception occurs in the SimConnect API ASX is using so you get that message. Since the interface isn't responding, ASX closes the connection (the next log message) and then starts trying to reconnect with it. ASX is just reporting bad stuff after it happened, not that ASX is causing anything.CTDs can be quite frustrating, but can usually be solved by reverting back to earlier states before certain addons or confuration changes are made. When you use many addons, you should probably make a complete backup of your FSX folder at regular intervals, especially right before installing new stuff, so reverting is possible.Also, deleting the FSX.cfg and letting it regenerate on next load has solved its fair share of CTD issues.Most common CTD culprits include problematic FSX.cfg graphics entries or settings changes, bad AI traffic files and bad scenery.Unfortunately the .DLL indicated in the error message when the CTD occurs is not very helpful in identifying the core problem.Hope some of this helps,

Hello Damian,It helps greatly. I'm going to try some things this weekend in an attempt to get the CTDs to reproduce. If I'm unsucessful I guess I will have no choice other than to begin the "dance" of installing everything clean.Thanks to both you and Jim for your input and help.