Sign in to follow this  

Is the hanger available?

Is there a scenery addition available of the MAAM hanger?I just ordered my copy of the B-25 and will need a place to park it.:) My home Flight Sim Airport is Reading, PA.

Funny you should mention that. Last time I was up there, they had just been given an old hanger. The problem was that they needed to move it to their side of the field. An add-on scenery bonus? Or maybe a seperate project entirely?

Funny you should mention that he should mention that... :-) In fact, we are actively searching for an experienced FS scenery designer of proven ability to join the MAAM-SIM team. Our aim is not only a detailed MAAM hangar and compound, but a really nice KRDG with all the bells and whistles. Maybe even the surrounding landscape.I stand ready, digital camera in hand, to provide all the research necessary for the job. I can probably even get some aerial photos - hey, anything to get a free ride in one of our open cockpit biplanes. ;-)So, if you are, or know of, a talented scenery designer who would like to join Jan, Fred, Rob, and me as our scenery guru, please give me a shout.We would dearly love to have the KRDG scenery by World War II Weekend, June 6, and the absolute, drop-dead date would be in time for the 2003 AVSIM Convention and Exhibition on September 26-27. We just must have a nice place for 'BT' to alight during the landing competition! :-)As for that big old WW-II vintage hangar, it was indeed donated to MAAM. But, we are no longer considering the formidable task of moving it to our side of the field. Instead, we are hoping to move to its side. Our C-119 'Flying Boxcar' is presently being restored within its cavernous maw, and that big girl hardly makes a dent in the room. In fact, our entire collection of restored aircraft would fit under the roof, with ample room in the side offices and workshops for the rest of the museum. Our present hangar would then become the MAAM restoration facility. There, the P-61 Black Widow would have room to spread her wings as she is resurrected.But, like many things constructed in the '40's, like my house, and myself ;-) it is in need of some repairs - quite a lot, in fact. I believe the figure of $200,000 was mentioned, most of that for the immense roof.Here is the old place, behind the control tower, beneath BT's wing...http://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/avsimpics/oldhgr.jpgAll we need is money. Here's to raising a bunch! :-beerchugBill Rambow MAAM-SIMhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

It would be great to have a version of KRDG for present day and the way it looked during WWII. Then we have to talk your team to making a version of the B-25 for CFS3. That may double your money as they are two different files and folks would probably buy both versions. I know I would. The good part for your team would be that since you have everything in a gmax file the changes that need to be made for a CFS3 plane are easy.

I can't help with the scenery, but I do have an AFCAD file for KRDG. It's on my website. It's in the AFCAD files section in with the Delmarva AFCAD files. I took some creative liberties to make best use of the ramps. If you guys are interested and want a more accurate version, let me know.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Thanks for thinking of me Reddog. I can make the scenery to exact scale with some arial photos. But not the building macros required. The buildings would have to be made to the extreme high standard used with the B-25. If made in GMax the objects would have to then have to be placed very accurately into the scenery co-ords. Most difficult. However, the objects could be converted into .api macros and then they can be placed and/or moved around easily with great precision.It would be an interesting project.Frenchy -- out.

Hi Bill,Not sure if you got my email last week or not, but I've got some experience in Gmax scenery design, and would definitely be interested in helping with the hangar project! Let me know if you are still looking for scenery designers.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi Bill,Been waiting for you to post again! I did get that mail last week while snowbound at Andrews, but did not get a chance to answer, and forgot who it came from. Memory is the second thing to go, right after the hair.... OK, maybe third. Make that... what was I saying? I will get back to the office tomorrow and will answer you then. Sounds promising. :-) Thanks very much.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I dunno Bill, I've got lots of hair and I still can't remember a thing ;-).Looking forward to hearing from you; I've got some interesting ideas.thanks,Bill

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit