Sign in to follow this  

Not to be pushy....

Guest IanP

Here you go... This is a scan from Shropshire Aero Club's 2002 Air Show Programme:The aircraft is, as I thought, from the "Duke of Brabant Air Force". Yeah, okay, so there's no upper turret and it only has a single gun in the nose - it was also a superb umbrella for lots of people when the skies opened quite spectacularly and interrupted the P-51D's display! :-hahIan P.:-halo

I'd love to, one day. I have several good friends, and an excellent partner, residing in The Netherlands. But one show in September is enough for me, and I'll be at MAAM for the AVSIM extravaganza, naturally. Perhaps you can talk said partner into representing MAAM-SIM, though. Until then, here's to you...:-beerchug Keep those dykes plugged! ;-)Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest IanP

Yeah, but Bill, you really ought to have got the photo of about twenty fully-uniformed RAF and WAAF types (complete with pushbikes and pipes) hiding under a Dutch B25J from a rainstorm. I wish I had, but unfortunately I was marshalling (read "seeing how close I could get to the portacabin to avoid the waterfall") the other side of the tower at the time.Maurice Hammond, who was displaying P51D "Janie" at the time, was totally nonplussed by the entire storm - he just ran off to several thousand feet, nattered to London Centre for a while, then once the storm had moved on, he came floating back out from behind a cloud and started the display again from scratch. :-hahI think the "VOLVO" plastered across the inside of DoB's aircraft says it all really, unfortunately. Warbird restoration/maintenance in Europe is a practical and financial nightmare - that's one of the reasons we have so few. It takes Corporate Sponsorship (or very major charity funding - Sally :( to get anything larger than a single seat fighter back in the air this side of the pond in any state. :-(Anyway, it's just another example of how well MAAM have done with BT. Keep it up, chaps, what? :-hah :-hah :-hahIan P.:-halo

That' mighty nice of you, and I'll let Jan say yea or nay to it for sure, but slides would be very difficult to work with, unless you took them to a photo shop and had them digitized so we can put them into a graphics program for conversion to textures. Slides or conventional photos are fine for research, but not for actual manipulation and conversion.Then, of course, since Jan is on the ground in The Netherlands, himself, he may already have all he needs on the Buke of Brabant bird.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I have a scanner so I can digitise them for you into roughly 3000x2000 pixel TIFFs for each slide.The DOB aircraft is a different livery from that in the museum I believe.Will go get some pictures, been too long since I've visited the place anyway :-)

Guest Javis

Ahem...Bill,Actually we have *2* Mitchell's here, yessir! :-kewlcoughOne flying ( Duke of Brabant AF ) and one bare metal J locked up in a cage ( Soesterberg Klu museum ).Jeroen, that'll be very much appreciated if you could provide me with some photo's of the MLD B-25 over at Soesterberg. However they won't need to be of high res quality because only photo's of aircraft which are parked outside can be used for FS aircraft textures.It's been too long ago for me to remember if this particular MLD bird wears any nose art, if so, *that* would be very handy to have photo's of as well as any specific details. I'll pick the bare-metal of off Panchito... :-coolThanks much on forehand !best,Jan

OK, send me a message with an address to send them to.Will be 2-3 weeks to arrive (processing film, scanning, burning CDs, etc.).

OK, just back from the museum.The aircraft is a bare metal B-25J gunship version belonging to #18sqdr KNIL ML.No fuselage turret, 3 .50s in the nose, 2 fixed in blisters either side of the forward fuselage, 2 in the tail and 1 in a blister either side of the center fuselage.Shot a roll of film on it, plus a roll of film on the Royal Netherlands AF C-47B that's parked outside the museum.

Guest Javis

Jeroen, check your inbox please.Jan