Sign in to follow this  

Not to be pushy....

I am still waiting patiently for my B-25 to come thru the mail, but was sitting here thinking about the new R4D coming soon to GMax. But the question of how soon? I've got money to burn, and figured I would love to burn it on that! ;)Having had the previous versions of the R4D it has become a favorite to show off to friends and family who happen by and bother me when I am busy doing something productive like flying my FS! Any way I wasn't sure how soon you all were looking at re-releasing the new model.Thank you for your support of our hobby, and that of the MAAM orginization.JohnnyKTUS

Guest Spilot

Hello, I also had a question I ordered the CD on Friday at 9:00 A.M. CST. I live in IL near chicago and was wondering about what day I should maybe receive it. Will I recieve it before your download is available. If it would take longer than I would rather download your aircraft. Love the trial version and love the videos.ADAM.Spilot692000@yahoo.comIf you want to email me personally.

I'm waiting for a Martian to check in, next.... :-ufo2They are on the way! We have heard from the first folks who have already received theirs, so yours can not be too far behind. They will definitely be delivered before the DL is out, on March 1. Besides, the DL will not have the manuals and videos on it, so the CD is well worth the extra wait.Every day I burn and send a new shipment of CD's to MAAM. Every morning Pete pulls the credit card orders off the server, and they are mailed out that very day. That's all we can do, and the rest is up to the postman. I have burned over 1000 CD's so far and I have 2 burners going full blast right now, and will send off another 500 or so tomorrow. You are getting your $4.95 shipping charge worth, and any delay in the flow is going to be the fault of the post office.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Johnny,As I have said elsewhere on this forum, we are shooting for spring on the new Gmax R4D. Since Jan had already completed the bulk of his work on the R4D, before someone tried to pull the plug on it last June, he may actually have time to put out a different livery for the B-25 before then, too. That will be Freeware, for use with the 'BT' package. The same sort of thing is planned for the R4D, so you will eventually have a whole fleet of Gooneys from which to choose. :-)Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I should really let Jan answer this, since it is his end of things, but since I'm here and he's not...No, the R4D package will NOT include civil liveries. But, before you go get all disappointed on us, let me explain. We want to get the long-delayed Gmax R4D with it's complete virtual cabin and cocpit our ASAP. To be specific, we are bound and determined to get it out prior to our World War 2 Weekend Show which opens June 6 at MAAM. As you will have noticed, no doubt, Jan is not a fellow to do things by half-measures. So producing extra liveries, and perhaps even models (freighter, perhaps) will take some time.Now the good news... Both 'Briefing Time' and the R4D will have additional liveries and models issued. These will be released as Freeware as Jan gets them done, and will require you to have the full version of the base aircraft package - either the CD or the full download version, to use them.Expect the first such to be bare-metal shiny ones in both aircraft. I think the Eastern Airlines DC-3 is first among the Douglas birds, but Jan will correct me if I am mistaken. EAL is my sentimental choice, because I was one of the first Sky Marshals back in 1970, flying exclusively on Eastern. An example of an EAL DC-3 hangs in the NASM in D.C., not far from here, and I have already shot some pictures of her for Jan.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Bill,Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm not that familiar with what a "Sky Marshall" is/was ! Were you some sort of aerial policeman ?Cheers,Alastair

Sky marshalls are indeed a sort of policemen.Their job is to protect the aircraft and people on it from crime (and these days terrorism) by fellow passengers (and crew too, if such were to occur).The US was among the first countries to implement such a program, others followed (though not a lot yet).In the US they're not uniformed so you never know whether one is on board or not (this is crucial as they are simply too few in number to cover every flight, deterrence is their strongest weapon).I flew a KLM aircraft to the Caribbean last year, and they DID have uniformed police on board performing much the same function. KLM initiated the program to counter the problems they'd been having with agressive drugs couriers, and it works.After the terrorist attacks on 11 Sept. 2001 the US has started to greatly increase the skymarshall program, but they can never hope to get to the level of ElAl (they have several on every single aircraft) because of the sheer number of aircraft involved in the US.

Jeroen is dead on in his facts. Thanks, J. If we ever get together over a beer, remind me to tell you some funny stories about those days. :-) In fact, a friend and former colleague of mine is about to publish a book about the first Sky Marshal (one L) program, including a couple of my amusing tales, and many others. His name is Jerry Worley. When it comes out, I'll let you know, if you're interested. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Javis

Ah,yes,ever since the first edition of our R4D i have been looking forward to do a comprehensive collection of various historic DC-3 airline liveries including the specific modifications to the model as needed. In fact i was well on my way doing just that for the FS2K version when a certain B-25 pulled up in front of the paintshop. Goodbye to the paintshop, hello to the drawing board. :(Here's how far i got with that lovely Eastern livery :http://www.avsim.com/~maamdev/eastern01.jpgReal DC-3 buffs might notice the difference in engine nacelles.These are not housing the P&W's but the Cyclones.An equally lovely livery is that of the former BEA which almost got finished : http://www.avsim.com/~maamdev/G-AHCZ_07.jpgThis model features the short nose, also applied to the GMax R4D model. The current FS2K R4D is fitted with the elongated nose which actually is not correct.Sorry about that.For the dutch 'Wings of History' museum i did the C-47 'Darling Dorien' , a paratrooper and glider tow version. Never got released either because i lost contact with the instigator. Roland, if you happen to stumble over this, drop me a line. :http://www.avsim.com/~maamdev/FSDorien06.jpghttp://www.avsim.com/~maamdev/FSDorien03.jpgMind you, these are all based on the ol' FS2K model but you bet your bottom dollar i'll have another go as soon as the GMax R4D is outthere! Apart from these, think of KLM,Lufthansa,Swissair,SAS, Cambrian,AF,TAA,CAF,AA,Delta,PanAm,UAL,ETC, my Gawd what am i saying!! :-eek As stated above,please only THINK of it for the moment....:(:+best regards,Jan

If you come over for the Dutch FS days in September I'll keep you to that Bill!

Jan, any chance of a Dutch B-25 livery? Would be enough to pull me over to the aircraft.MLM at Kamp Zeist (Soesterberg) has an example on display I think, and maybe the museum at VLB Twente has one as well.

Guest IanP

You're going to make me dive into the piles of magazines around my room and find the details on the Dutch -J model that displayed at our Airshow last year, aren't you?That one is flying, so there will be plenty of photos around, if we can find them. Only problem is that you'd have to take the bombs out and paint "VOLVO" in there instead! :-hahSeriosuly, I'll have a look around. Duke of Brabant Air Force rings a bell?Ian P.:-halo